Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. pinballqueen

Fairwell discus :( good riddance CAE

kinda both on the really rare/really big scale... He was a ranchu, about... <holds her hands apart and thinks...> 5 1/2 inches long.... they're 20 bucks when they're an inch and a half...
  2. pinballqueen

Fairwell discus :( good riddance CAE

I won't tell everyone what I did to the CAE I had that ate a $50 goldfish.... suffice it to say it wasn't pretty. We all make mistakes, and I think you are doing the right thing by trying to place the fish before resorting to euthanasia (which is not even the word I would use to describe...
  3. pinballqueen

Cycle

Be really careful about removing the ammonia from your tank with ammocarb... it will defeat the purpose... while ammonia is lethal to fish, ammonia-consuming bacteria are what you are trying to establish and if you remove it all chemically, you can halt the process. The trick is keeping the...
  4. pinballqueen

Missing fish... and Ich treatment questions.

Well, it's good that you found the fish... Now how's the rest of the tank?
  5. pinballqueen

Mugshots Discussion Thread

Oh wow... Raf, you're a doll :) Man, all these good-lookin Canadian men.... why is it I'm still this far south again?.... /drool
  6. pinballqueen

Missing fish... and Ich treatment questions.

Neons are super-delicate (so beyond a beginner fish that it's absurd how fast they fly out of the stores...I can't even keep the silly things alive...), so any stress at all from salt, ich treatment, temperature fluctuations, etc, can make them keel over, so it's not surprising to me that you've...
  7. pinballqueen

Who wants to play the music game?

Sorry :P Woke up in a very bad mood this morning :P Ok, lets try this again... One more line. Someone else might try and bind you But my love will set you free.. If your heart has got a mind to...
  8. pinballqueen

Well sorrrry...... Didn't mean to be a party-pooper. Consider my lyric withdrawn if you're gonna be like that about it, gel....
  9. pinballqueen

Joe, you look nothin like I imagined... <nods> :) I approve. You may stay. :D
  10. pinballqueen

Cycling a 55 Gallon

Ok, to address question 1: The majority of your bacteria do not live in the water itself, rather on solid surfaces in your tank. The better option would be to transfer some of the gravel (in the toe of a new, clean knee-high, so you can get them back out if you so desire) or the filter pad...
  11. pinballqueen

Don Henley, Garden of Allah edit again, see below
  12. pinballqueen

Oh, and as an aside... I ALWAYS win music trivia games ;)
  13. pinballqueen

Ocean Pearl- 54-40 edit: the other one I had put down was a jazz standard... too many right answers... so I went harder :) But still of a winter's night, they say, when the wind is in the trees When the moon is a ghostly galleon tossed upon the cloudy seas...
  14. pinballqueen

... You spin me round- Dead or Alive Every word revealed her empty broken heart Broken by fate that holds them so far apart
  15. pinballqueen

Voodoo Medicine Man-Aerosmith :) Got up this morning, rolled out of bed I spilled a Diet Coke, Called my mother, said "Hi"...
  16. pinballqueen

Strawberry Blonde - Ron Sexsmith Conversion software version 7.0 Looking at life through the eyes of a tired hub
  17. pinballqueen

Overstocked?

Inch-per-gallon doesn't really apply to most tanks because it doesn't take into account body mass, aggression level, or activity level. Swords/platies get to be a few inches long apiece, and cories can get up to 4. Danios are very active, as are neons, so you've got a lot of fish running...
  18. pinballqueen

Always have been :D
  19. pinballqueen

Aw Help Please What Is Wrong

that sounds like quite a bit of fish for that size of a tank, depending upon how large they are... when you say algae eater.... do you mean plecostamus, chinese algae eaters, siamese algae eaters? Plecos are horribly messy fish... I'm not sure what to make of the deaths, other than maybe...
  20. pinballqueen

Aw Help Please What Is Wrong

Hmmm... Well, your ph is fairly high... have any idea what it is at the store you bought the fish from? Have you added any kind of chemical to the tank, for any reason? It sounds for the life of me like New Tank Syndrome (ammonia poisoning/nitrite poisoning/ph shock or any combination...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store