Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. C

DIY Background

That's really cool. I'm going to have to give this a try when I set back up some of my other tanks.
  2. C

Tank background and black painted tanks?

PLastidip is the way to go if you think you might ever want to remove it. I would do 3 or 4 coats. The more you do the easier it is to peel off. Spraypaint looks about the same and it does come off with a razorblade, but a lot more labour intensive.
  3. C

keeping water movement on moss

I used hydrogen peroxide from the pharmacy to get rid of the BGA I had. Worked like a charm, spot treated with a syringe, no more then 2mg/Gallon. It was gone in a couple days. No harm to any fish or any of my plants. Hornwort did shed its needles tho. After I was done did a big water change...
  4. C

Low Light Plants, and would it be worth it?

I think they usually say about a year for the bulbs and they start to loose there effectivness. As for you swords i would recommend root tabs as swords tend to get most of their nutrients from the substate as apose to the water column were plants like java ferns and alike get most of theres.
  5. C

20 gal long, lighting guidance needed plz

You dont need meds really, peroxide works amazingly. Google it theres all kinds of info.
  6. C

20 gal long, lighting guidance needed plz

Could be. I just dealt with Cyano in my 55. I think the biggest thing for Cyano to grow id dead spots in the tank where there is little water moventment, and possibly lack of nitrates(may be wrong on this). Anyway what I did to get rid of it was spot treat with peroxide (the stuff you get at the...
  7. C

need opinions on what return pump to use for my 55g

I maybe wrong but pump size will be limited by the amount offlow your overflow can handle if itcan handle 1200GPH thena 1000GPH would be a fine but if it's only good for like 600 then the 500 it had is about as good as it gets.
  8. C

Substrate Algae Problem

Another thing to consider doing is use peroxide to treat the cyano. I just went through this in my 55, you can look it up on google and get a bunch of info. I used a syringe and spot treated totaling about 1mg/gallon. Worked absolutly awsomely, all my fish were fine, and maybe even enjoyed the...
  9. C

Colored play sand?

they claim the colour doesn't leech out??? was debating buying some and putting it in a bucket. What is used to colour the coloured gravel??
  10. C

Center Piece for my 55

So right now I have 3 Kribs (all male), and 8 Tiger Barbs. I'm thinking of adding a few more barbs to get the school numbers up a bit. Then looking for something to have for a centerpiece fish, but not sure what. Any Ideas???
  11. C

Krib and Tiger Barbs

I had 3 Kribs, and 8 tiger barbs in mine for a while, now they are all in my 55. Had no real problems or aggression issues between the 2 groups, but the kribs are always fighting amongst each other.
  12. C

Betta "ultima"

cool looking fish kinda like a mini aro
  13. C

major rescape idea

I have always had bad luck with neon tetras, i can never seem to keep them alive
  14. C

Orange spot sunfish and Marmorkreb crayfish?

In my experiance if the Krebs has a chance at your fish it will take it. I had a less then 1 inch krebs almost kill my 3 inch blood parrot. And to top that you will have hundreds of marmors in a matter of a few weeks. Mind had berries every 3 weeks or so.
  15. C

10 gallon pauladarium question

i think you must be mistaken, the only crayfish that can produce offspring without a mate is Marmor(sp.) Krebs or the Marble Cray. It is not a vegetarian cray by any means I know as i owned roughly 400 of them at one time (they multiply incredibly fast started with one). Anyway they will eat...
  16. C

Why Did my Betta Die?

i've heard bettas only live like 2 years, and most of the ones you see in an lfs are already fully grown and prolly almost a year old
  17. C

Another Update

Yeah i agree with the silver aros, and dollars, i am trying to find a few more silver dollars for my 135, to go with the aro (they will all be moved either to the 540, or the 8x3x2 i am building) so i want a huge school of dollars
  18. C

Glass center piece fell to bottom of 180g

i know old 135 tanks don't need them the one in mine came off and the tank did budge, but if yours is bowing at all then yeah it needs it
  19. C

Glass center piece fell to bottom of 180g

yeah i agree clean the old glass piece up, and the glass where you want to put it then use an aquarium or 100% pure door and window silicone (with no mildew addatives or anything) and glue it back in place, then let it cure for a few days.
  20. C

LFS find of the day

thats funny i just setup my old ten and bought 6 black neons for it today, no joke. lol too funny
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store