Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. MoonstruckMuse

Recommend a light?

I just happened to come across (and get) a 2.5 gallon Metaframe tank that I'm fixing up at the moment and resealing.... and I think it'd be fun to do a proper little planted tank. However, I wanted a light that actually fit on top (not just a desk light that shines onto it) and was wondering if...
  2. MoonstruckMuse

FS HUGE plant package for sale with some LARGE plants as well

Any chance you can break this up into a smaller package? This sounds awesome, but I'm aquascaping a smaller tank...
  3. MoonstruckMuse

WTB Purple mystery snails

Yes there are. I'm growing out a batch right now - don't have a ton of experience shipping though. Let me know if you're still interested in little guys in a month or so.
  4. MoonstruckMuse

WTB Just moved - looking to PU small fish/betta/inverts in Central Mass

Hahahaha, Rachel, you're always the first person I check. =) The next day delivery thing is definitely interesting though... I hadn't realized that. It definitely would make me a lot more comfortable having them shipped then. That being said, I haven't the faintest idea which way I want to go...
  5. MoonstruckMuse

WTB Just moved - looking to PU small fish/betta/inverts in Central Mass

I miss having fish and inverts in my room! My schedule at the moment is highly variable, so I don't want to ship (can't guarantee that I'll be there to receive them, and while that's arguably fine... I'd really rather not. I'm interested in a wide variety of fish and inverts, and will be doing a...
  6. MoonstruckMuse

FS Ecocomplete+flourite PU 11023 NY

Ahhhh, I so wish you had offered this a few months ago! I've only got little tanks being set up now... might be a bit of overkill. GLWS! You might want to crosspost this onto forums with a bigger planted tank focus, if you haven't already.
  7. MoonstruckMuse

FS Soaps, lotions and candles. PU/Shipping Central PA

Definitely getting some this time around! Any chance I can request the laundry soap grated already? I just moved and I don't even own a grater... and don't really use one for my food. I like my cheese in large chunks, haha. I'm interested in getting 4 soaps, but have 2 of them be laundry soaps...
  8. MoonstruckMuse

FS FS: Used 24" Nova Extreme HO t5 Pickup/Shipping, NY NY 11238

Do you still have this for sale? I'd be interested in picking up perhaps. How long did you run the bulbs?
  9. MoonstruckMuse

FS Blue Pearl, Fire red, Rili, Ramshorns, CF 30" coralife 130W and Rena xp2 NY Ship/PU

What part of NY or NYC? I'm in NJ but go up all the time. I'm interested in the light fixture and maybe some of the blue pearls - need to expand my own stock.
  10. MoonstruckMuse

Best online places to buy already submersed swords

Ive done that a few separate times over the past 3 years with pretty few bites, haha. Not sure why, but it doesn't seem to work for me. That's not to say I haven't bought from the classifieds section here - many of my plants and all of my inverts came from AC folk.
  11. MoonstruckMuse

Best online places to buy already submersed swords

Exactly as the title requests! I hate the mess I get of all the plants shedding the old emersed leaves... so does anyone know of an online vendor? I'm looking for quite a bit, and people always beat me to the Classifieds here, haha!
  12. MoonstruckMuse

Advice please on plants and where online to buy pikes, heroes sp. and eb jacks.

I love the fish at Tangled Up in Cichlids, Jeff's a great guy. You can always check Monster Fish Keeper Buy and Sell sections for those guys too.
  13. MoonstruckMuse

What is your preferred method of treating Ich?

I understand this is an old post, but find it a really fascinating one (seeing as how often I've had it in my QT tanks... AND my display ones. Hah. Whoops. =/ I've used salt and heat with great results before, but also have worked for a fish lab that always used QuICK cure on its wild stock...
  14. MoonstruckMuse

Water frustrations... more apple snails, same problem!

Whenever metabolism is higher, life span is shorter. Happens with all organisms, controlling for variables. Just a simple rule of biology, though there are plenty of variables that render that to not be such a hard and fast rule. Just a thought - for your other tanks, have you tried running a...
  15. MoonstruckMuse

Disease spread after QT? Coincidences?

Thanks so much for the feedback. I do have a few questions about that though...? If it is Ich, wouldn't raising the temp and adding a bit of salt (but not enough to actually kill it) help increase the ich's resistance to that treatment in the long run? As someone's who's done some biomedical...
  16. MoonstruckMuse

Disease spread after QT? Coincidences?

Oof. I think I'm in for a bit of a doozy. ALL advice welcomed, so pleaseee chime in.Long story short - I recently bought some swordtails (3) and rabaulti cories (6) to add to two of my tanks. I bought it from a reputable LFS, but figured I ought to quarantine them. They all looked great, stayed...
  17. MoonstruckMuse

Surprise in tank and what kind of fish

That looks spot on like a "turquoise severum," the kind you'd get from a big box pet store. I love them to bits and pieces, but they do look a bit different than the wild ones I've seen. She looks exactly like what mine looked like, and I had mine starting at a teeny size from petco. Whenever my...
  18. MoonstruckMuse

Sword plant dieoff

I'm turning to the Internet because everyone I've talked to in person had been baffled. Huzzah, the interwebz! Long story short: I have a loooow light, low tech tank (46g tank with 39w of light, no CO2, and 7+year old ecocomplete substrate) that was surprisingly lush and green. It's got a...
  19. MoonstruckMuse

FS 3 Sm. Amazon Swords $15.00 shipping MA

Let me know if this becomes available again please? I'm always looking for more swords.
  20. MoonstruckMuse

FS FS. Bonded pair of lenticulata Pikes

Theyre beautiful, good luck with finding them a home!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store