Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Vicious_Fish

WORMS IN TURTLE TANK! HELP!

Yep, those are definitely mosquito larva. Hatchling turtles love to eat them but adult turtles will not take notice to them and they will eventually grow into flying bloodsuckers!
  2. Vicious_Fish

What other pets does everyone have?

Thank you, but that's actually a Tortoise, not a turtle. There's a difference between the 2. :D
  3. Vicious_Fish

What other pets does everyone have?

I have a few additional pets besides fish.....
  4. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

Hi trickster, it's been a while. Sadly, I wish I had good news for you. We had a carbon monoxide leak at our house about a month ago and during the night I lost both of my Abronia and my female Ackie. I was pretty upset but at least none of my family were hurt. I haven't decided when I'll pick...
  5. Vicious_Fish

AC's Herp ID Game :)

It's not a type of python I can tell you that. Think venomous.
  6. Vicious_Fish

ACF breeding too soon?!?

It might be best to separate them from the lonely male if he is constantly harassing her with breeding attempts.
  7. Vicious_Fish

RES ate large 1 in silicon piece!

Most likely it will come out with in goes to the bathroom. It should come out intact so keep an eye out for it so it can be removed from the water right away.
  8. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

Thanks, they do look a lot like toys! My one friend said they looked plastic, lol!
  9. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

Still a bit camera shy, here's the male out searching for food.
  10. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

They've finally arrived!
  11. Vicious_Fish

Cuban tree frog

I agree, it most likely came in on some plants. I've talked to garden centers and they tell me stories of finding tree frogs, anoles and house geckos on imported foliage from the the southern section of the country.
  12. Vicious_Fish

20g paludarium extension possible?

Sounds interesting. What are you going to use to cover the spay foam?
  13. Vicious_Fish

20g paludarium extension possible?

I've made quite a few removable backgrounds but I've never made one that was partially submerged. What is going to be on the background? Are you covering it with something for plants to grow on? Any drawings of your idea?
  14. Vicious_Fish

AC's Herp ID Game :)

Bottomfeeder got it. You're up!
  15. Vicious_Fish

One word....

Jurassic Bacon Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  16. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

Thanks! I'm keeping an eye out for them on Faunaclassfieds and Kingsnake. There are a few people who sell captive bred individuals and that's what I'm aiming for. I have drain holes running from both the 2 areas in the background that have a places for potted plants. The one plant at the top...
  17. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

Thank you! I actually coated the back wall with 100% Silicone caulking and then sprinkled the eco earth on top of it. You have to do this quickly before the caulking becomes tacky.
  18. Vicious_Fish

Plant suggestions for Turtles

Here's a link to some info about plants that are poisonous to box turtles. http://animals.pawnation.com/plants-poisonous-box-turtles-2354.html I've never had to clip the nails to any of my turtles. They all were kept in check by digging and other activities. Are they actually long or is the...
  19. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

Thanks Sara, I think the easiest part is done. The hard part is actually finding a pair of these guys. The search continues!
  20. Vicious_Fish

Abronia graminea Setup

Over the weekend I planted all the bromeliads. It came out pretty good bit I still want to buy a few more to fill in some of the empty spots. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store