Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. wolf13

10 Gallon Aquarium

very nice little tank. What are you using for filter and light?
  2. wolf13

450 Gallon Starfire glass planted tank with Manzanita wood

Love that driftwood! why can't I ever find nice stuff like that (aside from not having the suppliers and connections you probably do)? That is going to be a gorgeous tank
  3. wolf13

apisto. or not???

be aware that a great many of the a. borelli sold in LFS's are a varient strain that is notorious for being extremly frail. I love my apisto's, but I think a 10g is a little small for em. A. borelli though would be a much better choice then a larger/more agressive species like A. Panduro.
  4. wolf13

SunsetPisces Aquarium Picture

haha, cute picture!
  5. wolf13

hypothetical plywood L tank, modular?

A friend and I were bored last night and were talking about tanks, one thing led to another and we ended up talking about very large L tanks. specificly, since noone anymore can be sure they'll always be where they are and it would be a pain to move otherwise, a modular plywood L tank. really...
  6. wolf13

Cardinal Tetras and hard water

to expand on KarlTH's post, the harder the water, the more likely a decreased lifespan due to organ failure from calcium buildup. they will adapt in that they will live, show their full color and grow, but will not breed. to help you can can use RO water to soften your water (RO will have...
  7. wolf13

Apistos in a 30g Tall

stick with a pair or harem. singles with apisto's you won't get to see their best form in color or behavior, and unlike larger centerpiece fish that can be attractive alone, apisto's are small enough that you really do want to take advantage of that extra color and behaviour because they are a...
  8. wolf13

bacterial infection?

thanks. thats what i was afraid it was. I had a differnt strain of it when i first started but couldn't figure out what else it could be.
  9. wolf13

bacterial infection?

i kept them in the dark so to speak on the way home, then with the room lights off, just the lights from the next room floated the bag for 30 minutes, then added tank water in increments over the next 20-30 minutes. total bag time was probably an hour and 45 to two hours due to travel time...
  10. wolf13

bacterial infection?

I picked up some new cardinal tetra's this week and already lost two of the five. I had a nervous feeling when i got them that they were too pale and soemthign wa snot right, but didn't see anything outwardly wrong til the next day (acclimated and left in low light) aside from the fact they went...
  11. wolf13

Tell me why you hate carbon?

it removes me beutiful blackwater. Evil Stuff! I used carbon when setting up my tank, and i've used it when i was done medicating, otherwise, I run a black water tank so its counter productive.
  12. wolf13

Trimming time! And a couple of problem plants

I tried stargrass for a while and failed however, from the sounds of it, your lower leaves may not be getting enough light. if so, they will turn color, die and fall off or be eaten in short order leaving only the top.
  13. wolf13

Is hornwort...

I found hornwort to be a lot stiffer texture and of a smaller diameter then the foxtail I had after they were established. I got rid of my hornwort in favor of pennywort, but its a real weed.
  14. wolf13

South American Blackwater Biotope Build

actually a fishing show on VS. right now (hunt for big fish with larry D), guys down fishing on the amazon and pulling out soem really nice P. Bass and some stuff i don't recognize. he was jsut doing some fishing in a blackwater pool and pulled out sometihng i didn't recognize but was really big...
  15. wolf13

problem is there isn't a lot of authentic leaf litter options for most people. oak is pretty good though because of its tannin content, and if you shred it a little you'll never notice. when i started, i almost immediatly went with the biotope and still have it. I had some casualties a few weeks...
  16. wolf13

I keep a blackwater biotope tank. I strongly reccomend doing as much research as you can on it if you want to try and be authentic. Youtube has some incredible vidios of blackwater species in their native habitat. Subdued lighting is a combination of things. first off is the lighting itself...
  17. wolf13

Petco, PetsMart and the LFS

Locally, i'd never buy another fish from a petco; but the petsmarts here are really good, which isn't the case back home.
  18. wolf13

Where have all the good fish stores gone???

back home (a moderate sized metro area) has not one, but four great shops and 2 so-so shops, plus petco's and petsmarts. Everytime i go back home i try and make the circuit
  19. wolf13

My Discus

Sigh, beautiful discus in a planted tank; very nice.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store