Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. feemia

Light hanging over tank - how much wattage makes it into the tank?

I just installed a light fixture, which hold 2 4 foot long 34 watt t8 bulbs. It hangs 5" above the top of my 3 foot long 30 gallon tank. I intentionally installed it to hang above and over the ends of the tank so that the houseplants on either side of the tank would benefit from the light, as...
  2. feemia

What do you do with dead fish?

I drop them in my crayfish grow-out tank.
  3. feemia

Anybody cut styrofoam with a tablesaw?

I've cut styrofoam with a jigsaw. It makes a huge mess. I usually use a sharp waxed knife.
  4. feemia

Tight Spaces + Stupid Cory

One of my cories did the same thing, in the same kind of filter. I was sure he was dead, but when I pulled the uplift tube off, he swam out the other end.
  5. feemia

Name that one fish that you totally regret getting...

Every male gourami that I've had - a blue, a pearl, and a dwarf. All of them have been bullies.
  6. feemia

Tetra's $1 at Petsmart starting Feb 22

Stopped by this afternoon. There are NO fish on sale at my Petsmart.
  7. feemia

FS Yonkers, NY pick up only black angels and apisto cacatuoides

I agree. Too bad I'm on the other side of the country.
  8. feemia

Top 5 Favorite Corydoras

panda, habrosus, schwartzi Not more than $4
  9. feemia

should i quit smoking??

Girls don't like ashtray breath.
  10. feemia

oto catfish

Wow, yours are fat! I bought 15 skinny little ones from Petsmart yesterday. I only wanted 10, but seeing how skinny they were, I decided to get extras, just in case.
  11. feemia

Looking for Thai Micro Crabs???

I sometimes see them on aquabid.com, but I think you'll get a better deal if you wait for msjinkzd to get some more in stock.
  12. feemia

Tank stand - too ambitious?

Thanks y'all for the input. I think I'm going to set this idea aside for a while and work on some smaller projects.
  13. feemia

Tank stand - too ambitious?

This is a rough drawing of the tank stand that I'd like to build. It would have 4"x4" posts at each corner, with notches cut in the inside corners to support 1" plywood shelves for the aquariums to sit on. I would have 2"x4" lumber as additional support and cover the whole thing with 1/4"...
  14. feemia

what is a good price for rummy nose tetras

The only place around here that has rummys charges $5.99 each. There's a place about 1 1/2 hours away from here that has them for $2.50.
  15. feemia

FS Tank Raised cardinal tetras 2.2cm super cheap SOCali P/S

Based on the previous posts, it appears that Mgamer's been away for a while unexpectedly, but I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.
  16. feemia

adding cichlids in with Angels

Hee hee. I thought maybe you were testing us.
  17. feemia

any albino MEMBERS on here

I used to know a family where all of the kids were albino. They all looked like this little girl, including the thick glasses and skwinty eyes.
  18. feemia

Talk about freezing!!

I'm jealous. The ice on my pond is so thick, I can't see the fish.
  19. feemia

Kenfish.com

Absolutely. I don't think you'll hear anything but praise from the folks here.
  20. feemia

POST YOUR CATS

I'll play.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store