Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. bluekrissyspike

change my setup or change my fish?

there must be something else going on. losing 4 fish in 3 days, especially if you know they were healthy in your other tank doesn't make sense. my thoughts...did the tank cycle first? the rocks could be polluting the water even if they look clean and nice. maybe the temp spiked or dropped? i...
  2. bluekrissyspike

Ms.Krissy's home aquaponic's thread

yes, i did enjoy that. thanks rbishop (:
  3. bluekrissyspike

How Many Fish Do You Have? Other Pets?

probably about 30 fish, a cat and 4 kids
  4. bluekrissyspike

Ms.Krissy's home aquaponic's thread

Day 1 So, i love fishkeeping and i love gardening, so it's only so long until the two collide right? So yesterday i'm looking at the tanks all bumbed out because winter is starting and my new garden beds are going to sit there, empty until next year.......when it hit me! grow plants inside and...
  5. bluekrissyspike

aquaculture start up

Well, I figured it out and got it up and running. now i just need to wait on plants to grow. i ended up switching out the 10g for a 30 long. i put a filter in each tank and then routed the output from each to the other tank. the filter in the 30g is just a smidge stronger so the level is...
  6. bluekrissyspike

aquaculture start up

i have a bunch of fishtanks and lights, ect. and I just started getting into gardening but now it is too cold for outdoor plants so I decided to grow one indoors with the help of my fish tanks. so far i have a 50g that i made a floating 'island' with screen and styrophome balls. i threw a few...
  7. bluekrissyspike

Moving my fish...

with a net? maybe a bucket... depends how far the other tank is.
  8. bluekrissyspike

Using rocks from lake

i've had both rocks and native fish in my tanks. i don't see any issues. i did clean the rocks off first but i didn't get crazy with bleach and boiling. i just scrubbed them with a brush for a minute with pretty warm water until they looked clean enough, rinced them and threw them in. eta:i...
  9. bluekrissyspike

2 Year Old Tank. Can I Improve It?

that fish is definitely not looking healthy. you need to add silk plants if you don't want to do real because of the lighting. the fish need to have some cover to be comfortable, imo. i'd treat for finrot. that and the added hiding spots from plants will have him feeling better and his fins...
  10. bluekrissyspike

Goliath tiger fish

we have snakeheads all the way up here too, in Canada. We also have a kill on catch policy here, north of lake huron.
  11. bluekrissyspike

weird snails with no shells

they are about 1/4" to 1/2" long
  12. bluekrissyspike

GloFish Tetras?

if i could get those or even regular glofish i'd be so happy but they aren't legal here in canada either so i can't.
  13. bluekrissyspike

hmm..they could be ramshornsd. i wonder what would cause them to lose their shells.
  14. bluekrissyspike

i just helped my mom set up a tank for guppies at her house this week and there are a bunch of snails with no shells in it. i don't know where they came from, they are too big to have been put in there without noticing. what's in the tank: 2 small guppies, brand new gravel, 2 ornaments that have...
  15. bluekrissyspike

parrot cichlids

alright, thanks. one came out today to eat, and the other one poked it's head out to grab some food that drifted near it's cave so i know they are eating.
  16. bluekrissyspike

parrot cichlids

sorry, blood parrots. had to look into that for a while because everytime i googled parrot cichlids it shows blood parrots.
  17. bluekrissyspike

parrot cichlids

my mom got me 2 parrot cichlids yesterday and i'd like to know more about them. they are babies, i put them in my 29g for now, i have a 50g i will move them into in a few months or when it seems like they need to, for now they don't seem too big for it. each is about 2 1/2" long. they are...
  18. bluekrissyspike

Planning a new dream tank -- advice?

i would definitely avoid loaches with shrimp. any loaches that will eat snails will eat shrimp. kuhli's should be okay as they don't seem to hunt much but they won't do anything about snails either and tend to spend most of their time hidden. assassin snails are def the way to go on that one...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store