Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

WTB Lymnaea stagnalis - eastern Oregon (97850) - shipped

Hey, that would be great! Is there any way you can post a picture before I accept your generous offer?
  2. S

WTB Lymnaea stagnalis - eastern Oregon (97850) - shipped

I'm looking for some healthy Lymnaea stagnalis (pond snails), if anyone has some to spare. NOT Physa or Physella, please. Free is preferred (will pay shipping, of course) but I could pay a reasonable price.
  3. S

My new Galaxy Pleco with vid.

Beautiful fish!!
  4. S

Bronze cory fry question

They'll start eating when their yolk sacs are absorbed. I start my panda cory fry on food after about 2 days. Just make sure you vacuum up the uneaten bits every day.
  5. S

Edible Aquatic Plants

It should be fine, just make sure you're not using any medications or chemicals in the tank that are not listed as safe for human consumption. (Even Prime says on its MSDS not to introduce it into drinking water or foodstuffs. Might be OK if you washed the produce before eating, but YMMV.)
  6. S

Fresh water mussels

Some links for you: Missouri Freshwater Mussels (species guide, life history info, contact people at the end) an article from the Missouri Conservationist magazine (life history, etc) Missouri Stream Team (citizen involvement partnership) Dr. Chris Barnhart at Missouri State has an informative...
  7. S

Fresh water mussels

Depending on where you are in the US, there may be a pretty active freshwater mussel research community in area. Be aware that many freshwater mussels are protected under the Endangered Species Act, and require permits to collect and possess (including empty shells). Places for you to start...
  8. S

Curing out chicken egg shells. How long?

Yep, I use the eggshells from my boiled eggs. If you're using shells from raw eggs, just give them a quick boil in the microwave or on the stove to cook the membrane. The inner membrane peels right out after they're boiled, and they don't smell at all.
  9. S

BBA & Excel

I've used undiluted Prime applied directly to the BBA, while the plant leaves were above the water, with great results. Killed the BBA dead.
  10. S

Mystery Snail

As I understand it, African clawed frogs are quite aggressive and aren't really suited to a community tank.
  11. S

caridina babaulti BLUE in USA yet?

Drooooool.....
  12. S

glowlight tetras

Also, the eggs and fry are TINY. The adults will happily eat their own eggs and fry.
  13. S

WTB Small internal filter (NOT sponge or other air driven filter, or HOB filter)

I have a sponge filter on my 10g shrimp tank, and instead of an air pump I put a powerhead on it. (I can't stand how noisy air pumps are!) I have that same sponge you linked, the Hydro-Sponge, and a Maxi-Jet powerhead. It is absolutely quiet. Completely! I have to check the surface of the...
  14. S

75 gallon reef tank Journal (Video Journal)

For moving the sand without clouding: How about draining the water from the 55 (into buckets or a big tub or whatever), put the rock into the 75, scoop the sand out of the 55 and put it in the 75, and THEN fill the 75 with old/new water. If you pour the water onto a plate or shallow bowl in the...
  15. S

This aquarium is crazy!

That's the kind of aquarium you have for when the magazine folk come over to your house and take pictures. After which it is dismantled and put back in the garage until next time.
  16. S

Dechlorinators Poll

Prime. It's the cheapest and works great.
  17. S

pictus catfish

It wasn't what you asked for. Take it back.
  18. S

Dead Fish have me confused a bit

Yep, it was probably the Windex. Never use cleaning chemicals on a tank. Give it a really good scrub with hot water (and vinegar if you want), making sure that you clean the silicone seams too. Rinse, rinse, rinse. I would also do a fishless cycle, which will also give the background...
  19. S

WTB Shrimp

www.aquabid.com
  20. S

Empty Snail Shells - Leave em or Remove em

I leave them in, too. My water is so soft that I need every bit of calcium help I can get.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store