Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Swimfins

Pics of my stacked 30g & 5.5g nanos

Tank watching seems to be this cat (ms Kitty's) favorite past time. I keep a shelf clear for her beside my planted tank too and she goes from one tank to the other. I'm not sure which she likes better. Tanks looking great Blinky, umm you'll have to rent another apartment and set up your...
  2. Swimfins

My Gorgonian

You can step up water changes to reduce cyano, just keep salinity stable and match it to tank water to pevent shock. Gluing is a good idea and put him in good current too. circulation is the answer to cyano and reducing nutrient levels in the water too. Stir up the sand bed once a day to make...
  3. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

Dorkfish use a storage site, lie photobucket.com, upload to that site and then use the links to post your images by clicking on the little envelope up ther and pasting the address.[/IMG] Like so? :)
  4. Swimfins

Pics of my stacked 30g & 5.5g nanos

[/IMG] Very pretty tanks, you must do alot of maintenance Blinky lol :) Cat watching! I just realized the little tang has grown, this is an old pic.
  5. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

Hi: The tang is doing great as he is the alpha fish and claims his world as his alone lol and that's how it will stay. I'm waiting on an overflow and will set up a sump before adding expensive corals. (Plumbing 101 learning fast)I'd like the water quality to be nicer before investing more $$$...
  6. Swimfins

A couple photos

I buy r/o d/i from a machine at the grocery store. 18 litre bottle cost me 2.99 to refill. Check with your drugstore, they usually have distilled on the shelves. You can buy "poly filter" amonia, nitrate, phosphate and carbon 'foam' pads made buy Aquadyne, and cut it to fit your filter...
  7. Swimfins

A couple photos

Looks very nice. I'd get a little aquaclear hob filter 200, put in a phosphate remover pouch and/or carbon and you should see a difference in a few days.
  8. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

I have about 40 pounds of fiji and 25 of base rock that's now live rock. I'm considering adding more base rock to boost the height of the heap. I plan on adding a better skimmer and a hang on fuge before adding any moreoccupants. :)
  9. Swimfins

Aiptasia?

Joe's juice then....
  10. Swimfins

Aiptasia?

lol not thatttttttttt pretty lol :) thanks for the link
  11. Swimfins

Cyno Cyno everywhere!

For me the answer was: increasing water changes and increasing flow equals NO CYANO! I'm a poet don't cha knowit?
  12. Swimfins

Aiptasia?

Really so bad? I have 3 half inch in size. I find them kind of pretty an good at helping filter the water.
  13. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

[/IMG] aww tanks Freddy, I moved the anemone up to about 12 inches from the light source and its doing nicely attatched to lr with some rubble beneath the foot.
  14. Swimfins

Newbie 30 gal. journal...

nice tank, shure alot of stuff. How's your filtration? what are you using? I don't add too much at a time being a bit afraid of losses lol.
  15. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

Its a standard 65 18 wide and 36 long 24 tall. Tall makes lighting more of an issue. I'm considering putting in a deep sand bed to build everything up higher with more rock. I shoulda done it from the start...sigh!
  16. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

Here's a couple more of us fish ;)
  17. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

OMg time to change the tank specs eh?
  18. Swimfins

The official 65g FOWLR diary thread

Overfeeding and tap water...oooooooolala. Mr. Cyano commeth. I read our water report, in montreal, low nitrate, low phosphate, but no measurements for molecular containants like petroleum by product etc. TDS 125? wow what is in there? I overfeed and use only r/o d/i and have been having...
  19. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

Its slow going. 65 gallon needs better filtration and maybe I'll look into a remora pro for a skimmer and a hang on back refuge before I stock anything else. I find water quality issues are more apparent in the bigger tank than in the smaller 30g I had up before. I've got 2 clowns in there, a...
  20. Swimfins

Is it a reef yet?

Here is my slowwwwwwly developing reeftank :) New mag float needed too.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store