Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Andrew225

I need help

Yeah, but PH got settled yesterday afternoon. Perhaps teh shift was just too dramatic?
  2. Andrew225

I need help

As did I... Update: Went to see a movie tonight. Was confidant in fish; all of them ate, water was looking good. Applied two packets of Maracyn (-Not- 2...I had gotten the wrong product, apparently.) Came back a few hours later. Just now checked the tank.. Cloudy water. Eel is dead Both...
  3. Andrew225

I need help

Update: I lost the majority of my small fish. (Corydoras Cat Fish, Rosy Barb, Silver tip tetra)...About eight in all. The larger fish (Rainbow Cichlid, Gourami, African Jewel Cichlid, Angels, Eel, German Blue Ram) are eating and showing less signs of stress. Eel's entire body actually cleared...
  4. Andrew225

I need help

Maracyn-two. Gotcha. I'm afraid of all things I know, I'm least informed on medicines, so all of this is wicked helpful
  5. Andrew225

I need help

I've heard of Baking soda, i'll give it a shot. Thanks for the pics! I'm afraid my fish look like...WEll, neither. If anything ,it seems to be Ammonia burns. I noticed some gasping today, which has helped me with that. Ony my way back from school toda,y I'm going to pick up some stuff or it...
  6. Andrew225

I need help

I'm afraid I don't have a Digital Camera. Still, everything I've read indicates a fungal infection. I'm going to swing to a fish store tomorrow, buy something that can help. Do another water change, probably twenty gallons or so.
  7. Andrew225

I need help

First and foremost, let me say this; I messed up. Not a little bit, either...I messed up bad. I know how to maintain a fish tank ,both freshwater and saltwater. However, I started college five weeks ago. Since then, it's been feed the fish and call it done. Mind you, I still love my fish to...
  8. Andrew225

Rainbow Cichlids Bred

Looking at the eggs right now. The pair laid 'em o nthe side of a cool little wooden cave I have, and have been moving around rocks and the like all day to set it up to their liking. Pretty cool, if you ask me. Colors of the eggs are starting to turn, that's always exciting. Just figured I'd...
  9. Andrew225

The indestructable Yellow Watchman

So, something happened today. However, in order to have anyone appreciate it, you have to go back two months. I had (And still have) a 12 gallon nano-deluxe (Lighting at 48watts, extra current, etc.) as my sole Saltie tank. In it? A Hector's Gobie, a Yellow watchman (The new addition of three...
  10. Andrew225

A difficult choice: Bettas -and- angels?

Lol. I plan to, but agian, with the deteriorating fins and the lack of activity, I would prefer to take it into my own custody for a while, you know?
  11. Andrew225

My worry of simply cleaning is that it will fall into filth again., I'm afraid with scohol and work, adding another tank to clean will be just...eh... At least a week, i think, in a better tank to raise him back to health.
  12. Andrew225

So, a little rundown. I have a fifty five gallon tank, mixed community. Three angels, some german blue rams, rainbow cichlids, eel, gourami, a few schooling fish, -lots- of live plants. I also had an empty ten gallon. My sister asked if she could use it, I said sure. I came back from a week of...
  13. Andrew225

Clownfish needs help!

Done all of the above. Preforming another 5 gallon water change today. She's swimming on her side (Lights are still off) But i've heard of many clowns doing it, and she has been known to do that from time to time. Other fish still unaffected, so I'm hoping we may be able to get this to work.
  14. Andrew225

Clownfish needs help!

Update: Did a 50% change today. Measured Amonia with two seperate tests. one read zero, one read .25. Should be alright there. Clownfish, however, is laying in the rocks, breathing heavily..Might be too late. "
  15. Andrew225

Clownfish needs help!

P.S.: Added Note. Everything else seems fine ,corals and all. Polyps extended, snails moving .The Hectors goby seems unfazed. "Clownfish also has some problem i nthe right eye. Looks like a clear protrusion extending from it, as though she hit it against something and now it's swelling.
  16. Andrew225

Clownfish needs help!

So, 12 gallon nano, 18 poudns Live rock. One nano power head, heater i nthe back, circulation is good. Xenia, Mushrooms, Zoanthids, Acropora..Nothing special o nthe coral side. So, heres my problem. my tank (had) a few snails, hermit crabs, a n emerld crab, a pistol shrimp, one neon pygmy goby...
  17. Andrew225

Help these serpeant stars! -DP

Lol. If you've only got four, I'll be shocked :p I've given up trying..Probably about fifteen or so of the little guys in my 12 gallon alone. Great to keep though. Excellent scavengers, ocassionally sift sand, little bio-load, if any. Very nice.
  18. Andrew225

The woes of stocking (Pistol shrimp)

So, about two months ago, I had a pistol/Yashia goby pair. (Candy cane pistol) The goby, after three weeks, died. I didn't feel like trying again, as it was rather depressing to have so much buildup, including the construction of two burrows, the feeding..ALl adorable. Monday..So, two days...
  19. Andrew225

Effects of Offshore drilling on marine life (Help!)

Just passing off what i've read mate. Can't say it's confirmed or denied.
  20. Andrew225

Effects of Offshore drilling on marine life (Help!)

I know that many fish actually use the oil platforms as natural shelter, as well as corals clinging to them (After all, gives more space 'towards' the top, allows corals to thrive.) However, one can not argue that the copper released by the mud, sometimes boosting up paramaters in the area from...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store