Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. buttered loins

Filling Tank

Also in regards to keeping coral are there any ideas of product names that do cheap, effective powders for KH, Cal & Mg.
  2. buttered loins

Filling Tank

On a 400L Tank (100Gal) is a 1000L pump enough to go through the media unit/Trickle System where the carbon, phos remover and filter pad is kept.
  3. buttered loins

Whats the right amount of lighting

50cm tall and was hoping to have a diverse reef tank of varing coral. Will 4x ATI T5 54W lights be enough. with like individual reflectors
  4. buttered loins

Sorry they are 54W x 3 lights
  5. buttered loins

I have a 4~5foot aquarium and it has 3 T5 lights (Hagen Power Glo T5 39w). Is this enough lighting to sustain or even have coral thrive. Thanks
  6. buttered loins

Filling Tank

Thanks Greech, will take it in mind.
  7. buttered loins

Filling Tank

will the live rock and sand in the tank be enough to remove nitrates in the water. Well the sand bed is only going to be 2~3inch deep, so the sand wont be getting rid of any nitrates, but will the rock help out a bit. I will perform water changes but probably only once every 2~3 weeks and 30~50%...
  8. buttered loins

Filling Tank

Hey Guys Just got this Red Sea Max 250 Tank. And there is space at the back of the tank which looks like it can be used, similar to a refuge type system. Wondering what should I add to this space at the back of the tank. Charcoal, Fine mesh cloth, possibility some live rock etc... Should I put...
  9. buttered loins

Goby Pistol Combo

Thanks Squid good idea. I wont be able to access all areas with the siphon hose so I will hope these snails you guys mentioned will help out there in that regard. Also whats the limit would you say for a reef/Coral set up tank in regards to fish load. Saying that the fish are all approx. small...
  10. buttered loins

Goby Pistol Combo

Sorry yeah that sig is old. I have a Red Sea 250 Max, which has decent water flow. I was in the process of setting it up, starting from scratch, and was just thinking of stocking it with the right fish and coral.
  11. buttered loins

Goby Pistol Combo

need some sort of gobie to sift the sand but sleeper are to hard to keep and spray gravel everywhere. Any other fish that actively sift sand but dont require it aas its only food source.
  12. buttered loins

Heater Question

Never had a problem with my aqua one heaters, and they are reasonably priced. The wattage depends on where you live and how cold it gets at your place but a 150W would be plenty.
  13. buttered loins

T5 Red Sea vs Hagen Power Glo

Thanks Man. Arnt blue and actinic lights the same.
  14. buttered loins

Goby Pistol Combo

Hi Guys/Girls Prob be answered a thousand times but whats the best combo of Pistol Shrimp & Goby for keeping a reef set up tanks sand clean. I know the yellow watchman and tiger pistol shrimp is a good combo but do they clean the entire tank sand floor. Cheers
  15. buttered loins

T5 Red Sea vs Hagen Power Glo

Hi Guys Been awhile, but I recently purchased a Red Sea Max 250 tank which has 6x39W T5 lights. Was wondering whether i should get the three different red sea lights (Pink, White Blue) or just the Hagen Power glo & Blue. Hagen Power glo's have 18,000K while the red sea white are only 10,000K...
  16. buttered loins

Tank clean up

yeah i have fish and coral in the tank the tank been running for like 4 years. so no big clean up then
  17. buttered loins

Tank clean up

Hi Just wondering it's been a long time that i have had a tank and was just wondering if its a good idea to take all my rock out and clean out the tank 100%. to get out all that detritus under the rocks. or would this be a bad idea. Thanks
  18. buttered loins

Milky tank

no nothing is spawning only have fish and crabs. and the only coral i have is mushroooms, anemone and 1 hammer head.its still milky and i hope it clears up cause i have to go to bed.i have taken out one coral that hasnt been looking good for weeks but i have had corals die before and they don...
  19. buttered loins

Milky tank

Hi guys Just came home and found my tank milky white. the fish thankfully alive and seem fine they act like there nothing gone wrong. my corals however arent happy. checked my parameters ph, nitrate, calcuim, carbonate hardness, ammonia, nitite, salinity, all of these are perfect. looked in...
  20. buttered loins

fish foods

Could you recommend some good foods that have garlic and spirulina in them
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store