Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Gwenkat

I got another Betta.....a really nice one :D

Gorgeous fish!
  2. Gwenkat

RIP krib

Sorry about you loss...
  3. Gwenkat

Kribensis companions

I have moonlight gouramis with my krib pair and everyone is happy as clams.
  4. Gwenkat

FS - Juvenile Kribs

Here is a pic of the babies... Here are the parents...
  5. Gwenkat

FS - Juvenile Kribs

I have about 25 juvenile kribs for sale. They are 5 months old and I am asking $3.00 each for them. Pick up only. Email me at Gwenkat@yahoo.com or pm me here. Thanks.
  6. Gwenkat

Who's the Boss?

I believe it. My Bolivian was a coward in the 30 with the kribs, but I moved him to the 125 with 3 sevs, 4 gouramis, and some rasboras and he is large and in charge now. He rules at feeding time and only lets the others eat when he is done. The only fish he doesn't run off is the pleco.
  7. Gwenkat

Flashing Fish

Thanks. I have my spray bar above the water and the AC splashes. I also have an extra pump and airstone if it looks like I need it. I am keeping an eye on everyone and so far all looks good.
  8. Gwenkat

Suggestions for 5 gallon hex

I have a betta and some ghost shrimp in my 5 hex.
  9. Gwenkat

Flashing Fish

Thanks guys. Added the rest of the salt and the temp is up to 82*. I think I will have to add another heater to get to 84*, but I should be able to do that in the morning. Everyone still looks good, no spots and less flashing tonight. Thanks for the help.
  10. Gwenkat

Flashing Fish

Hi everyone. Need a little advice please. Superbowl Sunday I noticed my gouramis flashing. They were rubbing on the flower pots in the tank. During the game I saw them do it, and the new sevs I bought the day before. I have seen this behavior every night since then. The fish are in a 125...
  11. Gwenkat

How many otos?

Cool, thanks guys.
  12. Gwenkat

How many otos?

I have a 10 gallon tank that currently has 5 juvenile platies, 2 otos, and one betta. The betta just moved in today. Should I add more otos? If so, how many? There is LOTS of algae and I feed supplements. I have heard they are more social so I want them to be happy. This is my first time...
  13. Gwenkat

Mini-Kribs!

I think I want some....
  14. Gwenkat

I've got kribensis fry!

My kribs spawned about a month or so ago. I fed baby brine shrimp at first and they ate algae. Now they eat shrimp pellets like mom. I only feed them once a day, but they graze all day long. My female got so protective I had to take everyone else out of the tank. Even the male. She...
  15. Gwenkat

Knifefish

Wow, what a thread. My tank is almost ready for fish and I will be getting a BGK. I was planning on that long before I found this thread, but boy have I learned a lot from this. Just reconfirms my choice of fish. I will also have a sev and moonlight gouramis in with him. I have a 125gal...
  16. Gwenkat

Kribensis Help

I have white substrate in my 29 with my kribs. Their color looks great. As far as tank mates go, all I can say is when mine spawned they harassed their tank mates (one ram and 2 dojo loaches) until I moved them to a different tank. Now the kribs are alone in the 29 with the fry. Just my...
  17. Gwenkat

Airstones!

I have one that I use in a bubble disk, mostly because my loaches like to play in it.
  18. Gwenkat

HELP!!

Thanks for your opinion ThePBM. This was not my design, it was the equipment that came with the tank when my husband bought it. I am just trying to make it work without having to rebuild it all. We have already spent a good bit of money tweaking it. This is the first time I have attempted a...
  19. Gwenkat

HELP!!

Thanks everyone. We got the syphon started and it was working great, but the pump is faster than the syphon. Hubby is going to put a valve in to regulate that. Will it hurt the pump at all to have the output reduced? Then I need a spray bar and I am done. What a project.... But, I have...
  20. Gwenkat

First AC photo thread from bigspizz :)

Cool pics, thanks for sharing.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store