Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. austinpetemo

FS 2 Mbuna breeding groups. PU only, NE OHIO

9 Saulosi - I believe they are 2m/7f. $35 The dominant male just finished turning blue and is constantly trying to get the females to breed. They're all around the 2" mark. Would like to sell them as a group. 6 Gephyrochromis moorii - My favorite fish in the tank. 4m/2f. $40 The males are very...
  2. austinpetemo

Planning a mudskipper tank.

the fogger wouldnt be inside the tank, itd be underneath with an output hose leading into the tank. like this one
  3. austinpetemo

Planning a mudskipper tank.

By saturday I will have my beloved 100g tank back :dance: once i repaint the stand and find a place for it I will be setting it up to house some indian mudskippers. Im pretty excited about this. I found some videos on the internet of someone who setup their tank to have tidal surges mimicking...
  4. austinpetemo

100g Geophagus sp. "Tapajo" species tank.

They get a little bigger than the tapajos but they sure are pretty. If I could get my hands on some for a decent price id consider them, they tapajo seem to be had for cheaper though. Would the altifrons be OK longterm in this tank? I think they get like 10"
  5. austinpetemo

3rd round? Is it common for them to die off like this? btw do you have any pics of your setup, id love to see how mine potentially could have turned out.
  6. austinpetemo

Upon moving them to the 10g I lost all but one over the course of a few days. It seemed like every time I checked on them a new one would be swimming funny. I checked the parameters on the tank and just kinda watched them waste away while i was helpless to do anything about it, took the last one...
  7. austinpetemo

So far the remaining 5 are doing good. Haven't turned the powerhead off or fed them yet. Will continue to leave the powerhead on until I dismantle the tank and put it in storage. I plan on doing that this weekend. From there they will be moved to a 10g for a few weeks until I get everything...
  8. austinpetemo

I dont have a set schedule, but I shoot to get around 30%-40% per weeks at least. I was feeding them like 4 servings throughout the day. Dropped it down to one. Those water changes look to have been in vain though. Before I went to bed last night I found 2 more dead. Just woke up and found 1...
  9. austinpetemo

Thanks guys. Been doing my best to keep up with it as much as I can. Haven't lost any more fish, however I'm not happy that I'm down to 9 fish :/ the ones that are left seem to be doing better. The nitrite just really built up quickly from the feeding I'm guessing. I was feeding them pretty...
  10. austinpetemo

Hit a rough patch, not really sure what is going on. 2 days ago I noticed a dead fish, with no prior warning or anything seeming wrong. Yesterday I found another fish dead, same as before. So i tested the water for nitrate and it showed up as 40ppm. SO immediately did a 40% wc followed by a 30%...
  11. austinpetemo

FTS as promised. Tried to get pictures of them as well but they move so fast it can be rather difficult to do. Plus all I have for a camera right now is my phone. In a few weeks Ill have access to a nice camera though. Excited about that. Decided to do a little test. Sprinked a layer of...
  12. austinpetemo

I cant wait for mine to be that big. Theres videos of 7 month old pairs breeding, so Im going to do my best to achieve that. Also these fish will be going through alot soon so Im going to want some input on this to make it as easy as possible for them. My lease expires on 4/20, and when it does...
  13. austinpetemo

^Have yours breed for you in that setup?
  14. austinpetemo

I guess ill slowly kick it up then, see how they like it.
  15. austinpetemo

What temp do you keep yours at stephcps? Ive got mine set at 79f but I feel like that might be too low for them. And ya I think Ive read that they are sensitive to "lower" oxygen.
  16. austinpetemo

From what Ive gathered they prefer to be in large groups, leaving the group only to spawn and rear young. So far from what ive seen Id say this is true. They stay in a swarm. In terms of ease so far theyve been a cakewalk. Eating most anything offered to them with a huge appetite. Im going to be...
  17. austinpetemo

@lesleyx - Thanks! I wish I could find fish like this at my LFS! I searched pretty far with no luck. @GEV83 - My tank is pretty barebones right now. Havnt really decided how I want it to be set up in the long run. Next time I snap some pics Ill make sure to take a FTS for you. They came out of...
  18. austinpetemo

Ordered 8 on aquabid, ended up with 12 :) Great seller. Recieved them on friday, and since then they've acclimated well and look a little bigger. The tank is 60" x 18" x 18" so im hoping it can in the long run hold at least a group of 8.
  19. austinpetemo

100g GBR/EBR tank

One of the LFS here in town doesnt have a guarantee But have really nice stock, Ive had alot of their fish die though shortly after being introduced into my tank, even through long drip acclimation periods. Petsmart/Petco stock isnt as nice sometimes but if they crap out on me at least i can...
  20. austinpetemo

100g GBR/EBR tank

I have sand so i dont ever vacuum the surface. Instead i typically wave a powerhead around to knock anything into the water column where it then gets vacuumed or filtered out. I cant surface vac or Itll remove the hundreds of MTS babies Ive recently acquired. I think today im going to pick up...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store