Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. B

Breeding Temp for Convicts

Thanks everyone for their input I'll weigh my options about removing the males.
  2. B

Breeding Temp for Convicts

Hey guys and gals, So i have 8 convicts (6 female and 2 male) and a Jack Dempsey in a 135G tank and Im telling you its a huge breeding ground for my convicts. I dont mind that they breed but the fact that they are CONSTANTLY breeding is becoming a little bothersome for the Jack Dempsey. As...
  3. B

My Convicts had babies!!! My Options?

Ok so pretty much just wait it out and see what happens. I guess which ever ones grow to a decent size I'll give away if possible. With 4 other convicts and a JD in the tank...maybe none will survive. I'll just wait it out then.
  4. B

My Convicts had babies!!! My Options?

Hey guys, Well today I noticed that my Convicts have had babies. I can see a small group of fry at least around 30 or so. They are still tiny but you can definately make them out as little fish. Problem is I dont want to keep them...so what are my options? Thanks in advance
  5. B

HELP!! Tank Mate Fights! JD vs Tiger Oscar

So just an update, I added 4 convicts to the main tank (the one with the JD in it) and everything seems fine. I remember reading on this thread that with a few more fish the aggression might be spread around which seems to be working. The convicts are much smaller then the JD (i would say...
  6. B

Thanks guys for the advice, I thought about getting 4 convicts so we'll see how it goes. I'll take rbishop's advice and not get the jag or dovii bc I obviously dont want this situation to get worse. I went to the LFS where I picked up the JD (Petsmart) and it has been well past the 2 week...
  7. B

Hey guys After some review on this forum Im gonna try and add a couple Green Terrors (between 2 to 4 of them), or a Jaguar, or a Dovii What do you think? Tank is 130G's
  8. B

Thanks again guys for the info! I had a 30G tank that i wasnt using so Ive started to cycle that tank for the Oscar...it'll be good for a couple months at the most until I find a 60G or larger for him. Now I have a new problem, what to do with this 130G tank and the single JD that is in there...
  9. B

Thanks again for all the help guys it's much appreciated.
  10. B

Ok thanks for the info. Right now the Oscar seems relaxed and back to its normal routine in the QT tank though his fins seem very tattered. The caudal (back) seems very bad, bad to the point where it looks like he doesnt even have one. Question I have is; is it possible for fish to grow these...
  11. B

Hey guys, I added a JD to my tank two days ago and pretty much right off the bat I noticed that the JD started to harass my Tiger Oscar. I gave it about a day and went to work. When I came back I noticed the Oscar was laying at the bottom barely breathing and had severe fin deterioration...
  12. B

Tiger Oscar being a picky eater???

THanks for the info! I didnt know they were picky eaters! Should I not feed it for a day or so...and then feed it the pellets? Kind of like a "force feed" type of deal? I know it sounds mean but maybe that's the only way.
  13. B

Tiger Oscar being a picky eater???

Hey guys, Not sure if im over reacting or not but lately my Oscar hasnt been as aggressive when i feed it. For example, Id drop a pinch of Blood Worms into the tank and it will swim aggressively toward the food but once it gets there the Oscar looks at it and then just leaves it alone. As if...
  14. B

Homemade foods for a 5 month old Oscar.

Thanks for the info so far guys, Im pretty sure my Oscar will love these ideas!
  15. B

Homemade foods for a 5 month old Oscar.

Hey guys, I've had my Oscar for about 5 months now and he's about 3 inches long. He is eating very well but I'm starting to consider alternative foods for him. Does anyone have any suggestions on food for an Oscar? Anything from homemade recipes to store bought goodies. Doesn't matter what...
  16. B

Stingrays!

Anyone have experience with FW rays? I have a 135G tank no live plants and a 2.5" Tiger Oscar.
  17. B

Tankmates for Tiger Oscar??

Thanks Lupin for the info, much appreciated!
  18. B

OK i'll give it a read through. Are BJD's known to be problematic? Or is this just some general info on them?
  19. B

Thanks for the input so far everyone! Im thinking about a blue dempsey, any thoughts?
  20. B

Sorry I wasnt that descriptive about the Oscar. The Oscar is only 2.5 inches long at the moment. Its a new thank that im stocking. The Oscar was placed in this tank about 3 days ago. Before that it was in a QT tank for a couple weeks. I dont want to go with more oscars (unless I have to)...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store