Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. snailrider

1 week and still happy

That is not the worst at this day and time. I was trying to access my videos on youtube and they locked me out. I guess I'll have to upload them to rumble and file a DMCA complaint.
  2. snailrider

1 week and still happy

Memories I recently acquired a 45 bowfront and decided to check and see if I could still login since my last activity, and here I am. I was debating starting another topic, and may later if I start up again. I quit tanks shortly after roommate fed and kept feeding table scraps to my fish...
  3. snailrider

Unidentified object on live rock?

It's called "PokeyMon Coraline". I have similliar in my tanks, but usually completely red. Very slow growing and calciferous.
  4. snailrider

I am not a fan of Maroon Clowns... but...

Truly a sad day when the "experts" don't have the ability to keep a maroon clown alive. What were they thinking?
  5. snailrider

Anyone tried these?

Hey amph, looking at these bulbs, I was wondering if they would fit in the yellow shop light fixtures? Also, do you have any pics of the fixture that busted apart? I'm curious as to how they were built. I had some problems with some halogen stage lights, and was able to get them repaired...
  6. snailrider

Saw this tank for sale, good deal?

Looks like you got yourself a good deal. Do you have any current pics yet?
  7. snailrider

Lighting my Tank without Burning my Wallet!

LOL I have bought from them also, very happy. With a six foot tank you could run LED on one end and halide on the other, with some t5 supplementation. Then you can move corals around to where they like it.
  8. snailrider

Please help with parasite identification and fish cure

I would see if I could catch easily and treat, or maybe some kind of cleaner fish or shrimp?
  9. snailrider

Please Help

3cuse, You have just about everything you need. You will still need salt mix and some live rock. You will need patience, a willingness to learn and a kind concerned heart for the welfare of your critters. You will need some more patience :) Then you will need drive to go out and earn lots of...
  10. snailrider

Tank Cleaning and LR Cleaning

This is how I clean old tanks I get. First I scrape with a razor blade, keeping clear of the corner silicon. Then if there was tape or glue, I use paint thinner to remove the residue. You could bleach at this time if you are concerned about killing bacteria, ( I never bleach) as in...
  11. snailrider

What is the best way to treat internal parasite?

Update: Shortly after last post, Twinkles took a turn for the worse. She was barely moving, and on her side a couple mornings later. I scooped her out with my hands, and moved her back to the 30 gallon qt, but into the sump. Big ball of chaeto takes up most of it. She was not moving, but...
  12. snailrider

Home Made 42 gallon cube log

It's been awhile so here is an update. I added fish, the clown about a month ago and the pygmy angel about three weeks or so. Everything seems fine, PH stable, no amonia or nitrites. I am now first getting a diatom bloom. Some green Cyano starting now I kicked up the lighting. I have only...
  13. snailrider

That is interesting. I bought this tang about 3 or 4 months ago. She went into a well established 30 gallon with sump and skimmer. This is where all new fish go at first. She had ich, of course, lol, and that cleared without treatment. Then I moved her in with the damsels. She stood her...
  14. snailrider

Thanks, I just treated with prazipro in a 10 gal hospital. Wheel see how it goes
  15. snailrider

My yellow tang has been bloated now for quite awhile. She is getting thinner all the time and eats like a pig. I moved her into a hospital tank, and she seems to have adjusted well. Now what should I treat her with? The other fish seem ok, but will need to be treated also I fear. One of the...
  16. snailrider

Nitrate Control

In a vacuum that may be a good theory :naughty: The problem is that your rock and substrate and other organizims will absorb, cosnume the suspended and disolved chemicals and nutrients, so when you change the water, you really are not changing the original water just some of it. It would be...
  17. snailrider

tank holes

Congrats on the tank, Pictures? I only drill one hole in my tanks. The size is about 1 3/4 inch. I do not run a high flow sump. If you don't want plumbing coming up over the tank edges you will need a minimum of 2 holes. There are also a few different placement of the holes which can...
  18. snailrider

So I inherited a sw tank...

Keep your eye on them. I have had great luck with multiple damsels in one tank. My 55 has 5 damsels and one yellow tang. If one of them ends up in the corner regular, well then you may want to relocate one.
  19. snailrider

Home Made 42 gallon cube log

The kit is at your local hardware store, and craft stores. I just mix cement sand and crushed coral/shells equally. I don't mix to runny but rather on the dry side. Rubber made tubes filled with wet sand for the molds. I had foundry in high school, but since you are not pouring, it takes a...
  20. snailrider

biting the bullet

Depot play sand will work fine, Aragonite sand will buffer the tank better though. Rinse it good, then order some Garf Grundge to seed it out. You can get a small amount for like 25 bucks. Lots of life in it, and coraline and even snails and crabs, although the crabs were dead in my order from...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store