Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. galaga-girl

new to brackish and would like advice

Thanks for the sound advice guys!
  2. galaga-girl

new to brackish and would like advice

I just got a new tank and i'm thinking of putting two puffers in there but i've only ever had freshwater tropical tanks and have no idea what a brackish tank involves. What sort of home do puffers like and how easy is it to keep a brackish tank? How do I monitor the salt level and what temp...
  3. galaga-girl

Who makes the best heaters for 10gal Aquariums

They might be cheap but I only use Aqua One heaters and filters, I find that they are awesome on all of my tanks. I've never had any kind of problems with them.
  4. galaga-girl

Green Water

I found that pond tablets worked for my tank when I had green water, it never came back and cleared up after one day!
  5. galaga-girl

General questions about Oscars

I've just put a new tank on lay-by (lay-away) and will be picking it up in 4 weeks, i'm deciding what i'll put in it at the moment. I don't really want another community tank, I was thinking about Discus but they are so expensive (AU$59 each) and was thinking about maybe Oscars because I've...
  6. galaga-girl

new tanks and overpriced fish!

So I went to my fav fish store yesterday in the hopes of picking up a few Angel Fish and ended up coming out with them, two Fantail Swords, and two new tank set-ups! The tanks were just so cheap I couldn't not buy them! The fish were all reasonably priced, I can't get Angels for less than...
  7. galaga-girl

To flush or not to flush...

I'm not sure if its been mentioned or not yet but here in Australia it is illegal to flush fish. I'm not exactly sure how they could catch you! But it is a big no-no here!!
  8. galaga-girl

Heater: Melt Down

This is what I live in fear of doing everytime I do a water change/siphon. I am constantly worried i'm going to forget to unplug the heater.
  9. galaga-girl

Average silver dollar price ???

Here in Australia a really small ones can be up to AU$15, I got my big guy on special for only AU$8, I've seen them since his size for around AU$30 in some stores!
  10. galaga-girl

Big to Small tank

Thanks guys, it has been cycled, i've had various fish in it for a few years now. I don't have a heater for it, but i've put two of the platties in there, i'll keep them for a few days and see how they go until I add the others. I don't need a heater at the moment, the water is in normal range...
  11. galaga-girl

Big to Small tank

Does it stress fish out going from a big (4ft) tank to a small 10gallon tank? I have some platties in my big tank and wanna put them in my 10gallon tank as my axy just died :( I have 5 platties that I want to put in there, but I don't want them to freak out and get sick.
  12. galaga-girl

help identifying a disease

thanks that sounds like it!
  13. galaga-girl

what sort of info?? I don't know what else to say?? My water is fine, i've checked for everything (nitrites, nitrate, ph etc etc) all of my other fish (around 6 others) are fine, no signs of anything, it is a 180L tank roughly (4ft).
  14. galaga-girl

one of my fish has started to turn black (was BRIGHT yellow, now almost totally black) and can't swim properly, everytime he tries to go up he ends up sideways or going backwards. Anyone know what is wrong with him??
  15. galaga-girl

sick fish! help!!

I have no idea what is wrong with my fish! Yesterday I lost two and today it looks as though my electric yellow is going to die as well. I've never seen this before, they can swim around OK but can't move their tails, it's like their whole back half just sort of follows them around. It is...
  16. galaga-girl

axolotyls and zebra danio fry Q's

Thanks guys! I just love him so much, I had no idea how entertaining they can be!
  17. galaga-girl

electricity consumption

I've had my BIG tank for over a year now and have never had an electricity bill like the one I got last week, I rang the company and they told me that keeping fish tanks especially ones with heaters can use up to $100 of electricity a quarter! I find this hard to believe! Anyone have any comments?
  18. galaga-girl

Anyone good with cats?

Nice cat!! I have 4 cats and love them dearly! You will never be bored from now on, cats provide a lot of entertainment and are very affectionate.
  19. galaga-girl

Starter fish?

I've never had any problem with cycling tanks with fish, I usually get mollies - two of them, i've never had them die either. Sometimes you can get an algae bloom but that too can be fixed.
  20. galaga-girl

axolotyls and zebra danio fry Q's

Hey I've been keeping tropical fish for ages now but last week I picked up an axolotyl at a pet store, mainly because i've always wanted one and also because I had a tank doing nothing - it only had 4 zebra danios in it. My question is does anyone know much about them? They told me to only...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store