Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. BToast

iodine

I think most of us have very healthy systems without it. Many seem to use it to get thier xenia to pulse, but I have found with consistant high water quality most do very well without the supplement.
  2. BToast

Help Id this coral please?

Maybe a type of leather. Hard to tell from photo. Could possibly be bird's nest as well.
  3. BToast

2500g Reef Setup (LOTS of Pics)

Beauty, thanks!
  4. BToast

Soft Mushroom Coral

Shoot for 8.2-8.4 on the ph. Even slightly low or high is substantial. Salt levels around 1.023-1.025? If you don't already, it's a good idea to wave your hand over your corals to remove any buildup of dibris. I find even with a ton of water movement they still have a substantial amount on and...
  5. BToast

Ace25's 75G Build Thread

Been a while since I checked in on this thread, tank looks fantastic Ace!
  6. BToast

What is it?

Took the words out of my mouth Greg!
  7. BToast

MY REEF TANKS

Reef looks great. Be sure to keep an eye on that galaxia, it's surely in range to sting your frogspawn. It has an especially long reach. Good luck.
  8. BToast

What is it?

Sponges come and go all the time. It's not going to foul your tank. A crab is just as likely to die in some other unseen location, denying any oportunity to remove it. You'll never be able to sanitize your reef, and why try?
  9. BToast

A little help please

Thankyou very much, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
  10. BToast

My first 29gal Fowlr

The Remora's are loud at first, but after it breaks in it gets alot better. I'm not a big fan of the massive skimmer box, but the scum on the surface drives me nuts. I used a piece of plastic tube connected to the intake of the pump to pull off the surface film instead of having to deal with...
  11. BToast

A little help please

Hey all, I'm having a bit of a problem removing what I assume is hard water buildup on the water line of a large vivarium I've been asked to clean. I have managed to remove the heavy buildup with a metal scrapper, careful not to scratch the glass, but can't seem to remove the haze on the glass...
  12. BToast

Lets all give a big welcome too...

Good news Amp, congrats.
  13. BToast

My first 29gal Fowlr

Congrats on the beautiful new livestock.
  14. BToast

Whats come in on your live rock?

Many types of snails, and a crab I just discovered which refuses to come out of a rock dispite me baiting it with fresh fish.
  15. BToast

BOBS MANTIS NANO REEF

Very nice Bob.
  16. BToast

THE REEF FULL TANK SHOT THREAD!!!

Love the pics everyone. My camara should be fixed in a couple of days so I'll be able to contribute. Good thread Bob, I'm always curious to see how everyone's tanks are coming along.
  17. BToast

Coraline

I hope I'm not one of the few that have had no need to dose. With a regular water change with a good quality salt and water source, I have had very nice results in my softie tank with close attention to consistant water params. I certainly would'nt question anyone's good results with dosing, but...
  18. BToast

Reef log/Diary

3 years? Wow Cat, great job!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store