Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. joestyx

Black out vs Hair Algae

i had a bad case of hair algae...i got some flourish excel and dosed 3x the normal amount, every bit of the algae was gone in a week....will melt anacharis and most vals
  2. joestyx

I Am Jumping On The Flourish Excel Bandwagon.....

yeah I am definitely going back to a regular dose after i do my water change tonight and clip all of the leaves of the plants that fell victim to the BBA........I only lost 1 plant by doing this and it was the only 1 I expected to lose (The Anacharis), so all in all I feel pretty good about this...
  3. joestyx

I Am Jumping On The Flourish Excel Bandwagon.....

After my Jack Dempsey swallowed my SAE, I developed a bad case of BBA....I then purchased some Seachem Flourish Excel and dosed 3x the normal dosage and in about a week that BBA was history and my plants have taken off as well and are pearling regularly, I have had DIY CO2 for a while and my...
  4. joestyx

Feeder to Pet?

nice lookin' fish what kind of fish are you feeding the feeders to?? just wondering
  5. joestyx

does the BUBBLE WAND have to go?

i turn my HOB filters on at night and leave them off during the day....your plants will only use the co2 in the daytime so that's the only time you will want no surface agitation
  6. joestyx

Bitbot's tanks

some common plecos and BNC's look exactly the same in their markings, but the BNC has a bristlenose and the common pleco does not....it just looks like the fish in your pic is without the bristlenose......no biggie though, it is a healthy and great looking fish.....i have the same exact fish btw :)
  7. joestyx

Bitbot's tanks

that looks like a common pleco, not a BNC......just sayin'......nice cube though, i like it
  8. joestyx

Drinking Soda as a CO2 Source in Aquarium

how bout stick the filter intake (if u have a canister)in the bottle and let the filter suck it up and diffuse it into the tank
  9. joestyx

How Many Aquariums Do You Have?

55g 29g 20g high 10g
  10. joestyx

Thinking of Changing From SA Cichlids to African Cichlids

yeah, I know but they don't come that way....and my JD is about 8" long and has a pretty good set of teeth himself..... I like my JD, but i want a tank where i can just look at it and see lots of fish and amazing colors and a mbuna tank is the direction i might go in, i will find a good home...
  11. joestyx

"also.. if you were to get some of the more peaceful mbunas you could most likely keep the JD in there with them and there is a good chance they would do ok " yeah but i am worried that if i did that then the mbunas would just be expensive feeder fish for my JD
  12. joestyx

I currently have a planted 55g tank which now only holds a Jack Dempsey, I love my JD since i watched him grow up, but I can't stand the fact that I only can have 1 fish in my tank and I feel it's wasted space just for 1 fish....Now I am willing to get rid of my JD and start a African Cichlid...
  13. joestyx

FW A trim and fluff of my 46 bow

is that anacharis you have all in the front?????
  14. joestyx

Please ID this algae for me??

Siamese Algae Eaters munch this stuff up very quickly and efficiently as well, i had this problem and my SAE fixed when i bought him
  15. joestyx

BBA Question

my SAE (siamese algae eater) munched all of mine up in no time, i had it bad in my 55 after i bought a big amazon sword plant that was infested with it.....all gone now and never has come back, but i do have DIY c02 as well
  16. joestyx

powerhead CO2 mister

i use a maxijet 1200 and it works great, i have a 55g as well
  17. joestyx

2WPG AH Supply vs. 2WPG Coralife - Huge Difference!

i really like my system, but it was pretty expensive....so if i do a new planted tank i was considering the AH Supply for it
  18. joestyx

2WPG AH Supply vs. 2WPG Coralife - Huge Difference!

i have the Hagen GLO T5-HO Linear 2x54w system and it works pretty good, would like more light, but moolah prevents that, i was wondering how my system compares to the systems you guys are talking about???
  19. joestyx

My fry :)

Texas??
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store