Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Fishfiles1

Finicky Feeding Festivum - Need Advice

x2 on black worms
  2. Fishfiles1

My tank

this is great, i normally start dosing my tanks with a chart and every amount high, and then add less and less until i reach the perfect balance, but your idea of testing then adding what you need sounds way more efficient. what are your ideal balances of each
  3. Fishfiles1

Discus small

try seagrest, not the best source but they have them
  4. Fishfiles1

nerite snail eggs EVERYWHERE!

yes mine do to, you can scrap them off easily. im not sure if nerites are A sexual. can some one chime in?
  5. Fishfiles1

20L Stocking

ok first, if you know you want live plants then we need to gear your tank to that, what kind of lights do you plan to use? what about substrate? will you add ferts? for a "cleaning crew" i would say ottos, they stay small and a light bio load, and look awesome, as for schooling fish i prefer...
  6. Fishfiles1

Opinions? Fluval 306 vs. SunSun HW-402B

wow this is a hard one, i have both sunsuns and fluvals running, if your tight on money get the sunsun, they do what they are said to do, the down fall is no bell or whistles, the fluval has better media, better pipes, and a more solid and tough construction. the sunsun works but if your not...
  7. Fishfiles1

what is the BEST,BEST tannk heater

for the money I like the no fuss Aqueon Pro heaters, plug em in, set the temp and forget. For one i never trust a heater, i have had a marineland pro fail, ehimes fail, and the cobalts fail, bottom line any maniacal or electrical device can and will fail at some point, just my 2 cents BG
  8. Fishfiles1

My tank

mario75, your tanks are amazing, i love how you can go from a realistic underwater scape showing the true beauty of nature, and then to a scape that reminds me of dry land like theme tanks. just curious what is you fert chart in terms of ML, like daily N,P,K,CO2, trace, and comprehensive mix, i...
  9. Fishfiles1

20 long reef build

so a fast update, i lost my trumpet coral, after the emeralds hurt it, the shrimp moved in and finished the job, the 6 line is a bully and has been removed, i have a royal gramma on the way, and was looking for one other fish to add with the jaw, fire fish, and royal gramma, any ideas. today 25%...
  10. Fishfiles1

120 Gallon Dutch/Nature style hybrid

what type of gravel is that? it looks like round pellets, not something im use to handling
  11. Fishfiles1

20 long reef build

the one was pretty big, about the size of a 50 cent piece. no sign of it doing better, but no more flesh has been removed. now the shrimp are picking at it. i think because its damaged
  12. Fishfiles1

20 long reef build

yes, i noticed also this evening that all of my trumpet is gone and eaten, i have removed my emeralds, i lost a 60$ coral today, very mad i must say.
  13. Fishfiles1

20 long reef build

so i had some troubles, i noticed that my favia was showing skeleton, so i did a water change and all prams were in check, then the next day it looked fine, and my trumpet was all shriveled and showing skeleton, today i noticed that one polyp had no flesh left, and the others looked bad, so im...
  14. Fishfiles1

20 long reef build

i have learned that now. it seams to be looking better only 24 hours after
  15. Fishfiles1

Using oil to stick on tank background.

i have used cooking oil before, in fact almost all of my tanks use this method or just spray paint. what i do is get to much background, put it on the tank, and use a razor blade to cut it to the right size, then add just a small amount of oil to the tank and then smooth it all over the glass...
  16. Fishfiles1

DIY co2 question.

i would say its your lighting. hair grass can be picky some times, i dont think the introduction of DIY CO2 alone will help, try new lights, then CO2 and maybe adding some N. its difficult, dosing in small tanks can get out of whack very fast. how long ago did you put the hair grass in, they may...
  17. Fishfiles1

Had a few pictures of my tank I wanted to share.

im not sure, but when every i start a new tank, it seem to be centered around them. i like the dark look in areas, it makes me feel like im free diving in a river
  18. Fishfiles1

DIY co2 question.

if the plants dont use it, then the algae will, good luck. as far as BPS, i never really figured it out, yeast is alive so they could make 3 bps today, or .5 bps tomorrow
  19. Fishfiles1

Fish tank stand poly help

4 coats, man you have your work cut out for you, i would take a palm or hand belt sander to remove all the poly, if you go to far you will need to re apply stain. you should be able to get marine grade poly at a boat shop, i just use regular spray rustolium. or an all in one stain.
  20. Fishfiles1

Feeding Discus

what i did was use a 1oz syringe with about 8" of air line tubing on it, fill with blood worms or what over they will eat, then train them to eat off the tube, soon they will learn that the tube means food, then there is no mess. to get them to eat new foods, what i would do is mix small amounts...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store