Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. C

FREE Mollies/Swordtails/Guppies, South Jersey, Pick Up

Hey all We have a 45 gallon tank that is currently being overrun by breeding mollies and swordtails. We have a ten gallon tank that is being overrun by guppies. We try to neglect them (not really) but they just keep reproducing and it's gotten to the point where we have 60+ fish in our 45 g...
  2. C

Tell me how to divide crypt plants...

okay so yeah...there is no rhizome... do i have to pull this thing up...i feel like the roots are probably VERY healthy...but I don't want to disturb them. i was thinking i could take a razor or other blade and separate the plant carefully and remove only part of the root system. would that fly?
  3. C

well...i took a closer look and i'm not really sure i see a rhizome. i have a naturally planted tank...so the crypt is rooted into gravel over soil. If there is a rhizome it is in the gravel...i was wondering if i could do this without uprooting the entire plant.
  4. C

Repopulating an old tank...have a beautiful large crypt which i want to divide. Anyone?
  5. C

Sunbirst Mollies Ill and Mystery Babies

i guess my modified question, then, would be... can different kinds of mollies interbreed? since these sunbursts never got pregnant until we introduced the other multicoloreds.
  6. C

calcium iron and magnesium plus some others trace. i knew mollies were livebearers...the babies didn't look anything like the mollies so THAT'S what threw me. plus have never gave birth before so we weren't thinking pregnancy. we thought they might all be one sex. i am flippant because...
  7. C

oh yes...the very basic gonopodium and the family paeciliidae. anyway... we did a water change and added some minerals to the water and the fish has perked back up. the water seems to turn soft very quickly b/c of the plants and we know that the mollies like hardwater. so do the snails we...
  8. C

3 sunburst mollies...all looking bloated. one acting lethargic unless prodded by others which IS happening. anyone got any ideas? we got over an ick infestation about a month ago. also...there are babies in the tank. all black little guys that look like our black swordtails...but are they...
  9. C

Poor Poor babies have ick.

thanks everyone...we returned the fish to the main tank...they seemed happier. yesterday i added some mineral supplement to the water, and geoff added some salt...not too much b/c we have apple snails. I bought the kordon's too. I am just trying to find the time to do this water change deal...
  10. C

10 gallons...with 7 fish in it...no decorations...i feel like taking themout of their nice planted home has causedthem detrimental stress. and we've had our tetras for over two years now. it's sad.
  11. C

hello...well, it figures...we got new fish and didn't quarantine, and now our wonderful tetras have ick. i got a treatment today from petsmart, where i prefer not to shop. we have certain infected tetras in quarantine now, but i'm wondering if we should pop them back into the 55 and treat...
  12. C

Ask a stupid question, Get a stupid answer

cuz you'll shoot yer eye out. why don't fish have legs?
  13. C

java moss?

i don't think it's claudo algae...it really does look exactly like java moss...it's really dark though. i tried removing it and it grew back. not overnight, but it definitely grew back and now we can't see the tubers at all.
  14. C

java moss?

i wish i had a picture but i don't. we had two banana plants, when all of a sudden one of the banana plants' tubers got smothered by what we thought was crazy algae. But it's contained itself to just the tubers and hasn't spread. now we saw pictures of java moss and that's what it looks like...
  15. C

FS: Nerites Snails FS!!

Neritina natalensis 4.99 each SALE!! and Clithon corona $6.99 each can i get two of each? shall i pm you my address and stuff? do you accept personal checks or money orders by mail?
  16. C

125 gallon with stand and hoods

oh woops re: the rules. (i've never been one for reading rules, lol.) price is 200 or best offer. location 08302 in southern new jersey. shipping not available. this baby is bigger than our car!! so i guess local or really determined person with a truck. =0)
  17. C

125 would be fine for just the tank...but the hoods and stand too? nah. hows about an even 200? we really don't want to break up the package, so it's all or none.
  18. C

location: southern new jersey color stand: wrought iron: black. tank color: dark brown (fake wood) trim. no pics, sorry. it's in good used condition. some scratches (minor) on the bottom of the tank. brown trim missing in one corner (not noticeable at all once you get the fantastic fish scene...
  19. C

125 gallon, predrilled, with wrought iron stand. Two double fixture hoods (36 inch). we also have a quiet one water pump for any filter-DIY'ers. any reasonable offer considered.
  20. C

looking for tank

i have a 125 gallon with stand and hoods in southern new jersey.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store