Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Zr0

multiple pictus cats

Usually 2 is a bad number for schooling fish because one picks on the other no? Id say get a few more and They should do fine.
  2. Zr0

Im new here (55 gallon tank help)

If you get a Red tailed black shark it should only be one (they will not tolerate each other RTBS's as they get older), and once you have one it limits what else you can put in the tank. They are aggressive fish, they need hiding places, and become very territorial the older they get. They go...
  3. Zr0

my 2 new cories! Agni and Rudra!

Great game, nice fish :)
  4. Zr0

Some kind of infection?

Sorry i don't have any advice but do reedfish need to be in BW? Would one be o.k in FW?
  5. Zr0

Apple Snails

by clean I meant algae/leftover food which I don't have too much of, but I cant put an algae eater in with my rts. Didn't know they were so messy and my search continues for a cleaner-upper.
  6. Zr0

Switcheroo

Hes in the 29g right now and seems very very content, but I will get the 96 and do as you suggested.
  7. Zr0

Switcheroo

The tank has no leaks, we tested it a couple weeks ago and i'm not sure how long th e tank has been in use because he got it used about 2 weeks ago. Also while my RTS was in teh 10 gal he tried to jump out multiple times and hit his head so much he hurt his face. Even though he hasn't tried that...
  8. Zr0

Switcheroo

O.k I have a 29g set up with sand and mostly cycled with only my 3 inch RTBS in it. My friend has a 96 gal Aquarium that has a semi-bent front (like a bowfront or w.e) but he uses it for a bearded dragon lizard. He wants to trade for my 29g because he needs a smaller tank and I was saving up...
  9. Zr0

supernaturals Moonlight sand

I think its safe to vac since it is heavier than most of what your trying to get rid of, but it is also trickier than gravel for obvious reasons. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in.
  10. Zr0

where to start

I think semi-aggressive middle/top dwellers are your best bet.
  11. Zr0

How do you say Betta?

Bay-tah
  12. Zr0

where to start

Where to start = here. Once your tank is good then Make sure He has hiding places or at least one cave to call his own. As long as he has a house He should be happy, and as for other fish it depends on what you want. Great fish as long as you don't get anything he dislikes :P Edit- Also make...
  13. Zr0

Apple Snails

Would one apple snail be sufficient if i wanted a bottom dweller to clean my tank sand (29g)? I would get a catfish but I don't want any conflicts with my young RTS over hideouts. How messy are apple snails and how many would be good for a 29g? I don't want any mating going on so thats why I'm...
  14. Zr0

Turned on. Now all i have to do is paint the back of my aquarium black, wait for my tank to re-cycle, and re-decorate for my rtbs whom I'm sure is tired of his 10g QT tank.
  15. Zr0

Probably. Either way I cleaned it/put it in the tank and the water isn't TOO cloudy. Just how long should I wait until turning the filter back on? I did a few 50-70% water changes and the water looks decent but I don't want to mess My filter up. Sand looks great btw.
  16. Zr0

Cant Find info on this sand anywhere. I bought it at pet smarts and it says safe for freshwater/saltwater. It seems to be really fine grain sand and is very very white. Anyone have any prior experience with this sand? Cost 30 dollars for 20 pounds of the stuff so it better be good.
  17. Zr0

Please help - hair like stuff growing on my plants

probably hair algae.
  18. Zr0

Went to the darkside.....

Read the OP wrong, and Thought it was the SW tank.
  19. Zr0

Went to the darkside.....

Cool looking tank though I prefer a more natural look. Wouldn't this be a better thread for the SW forum?
  20. Zr0

Just changed to sand.

Looks cool. I went out and bought some sand for my freshwater 29g today (cost me 29 dollars after tax for 20 pounds ><) from petsmart nut I'm not going to put it in until the tank is free of ich.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store