Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. L

Dual Tank System Build Thread

He happily eats the food out of the auto feeder which is a mix of high quality pellets, flakes, and freeze dried Mysid. That mix of food has always served me pretty well. He also gets some of the diced raw (large) shrimp I feed the puffer and the Eel. I soak that in a vitamin solution and...
  2. L

It's a small porcupine puffer. Not so much plumbing issues as leaking issues heh. That tank was always meant to be temporary. The new permanent system should be pretty leak proof.
  3. L

Sorry for the lack of updates, have not been able to complete the facade yet, was waiting till I did that. Got some new fish (snowflake eel, Puffer, etc) but the only real change is a new water change system. I got rid of the black bin (after it nearly pancaked my entire filtration cabinet) and...
  4. L

Thanks for the responses. We haven't finished the outside yet just due to costs. The faux rock is fairly expensive and my wife is out of work (though she may have gotten a new job today!). Once we get it completed I will post some pics, I promise.
  5. L

The 'almost done' update. All we have left to do at this point is to cover the framing (we will be covering the entire wall surrounding the tanks with a faux rock veneer. Added some new fish (Picaso Trigger, Red Mandarin, also a Carpenters Wrasse is in quarantine). Bunch of coral frags. Bunch...
  6. L

I'll try to get some decent picks this weekend, but at the moment it's just my old fish (4 total sadly, I need new fish). I've been waiting till i get all the issues ironed out, right now im fighting with the oceanmotions devices. Pretty disappointed with them. I sent one back for repair and...
  7. L

There are fish in it now! You can see one of my clowns in the first pic of the LED's. Right now just 2 clowns, 1 jeweled damsel, and 1 bangai cardinal transfered from my old tank. A cleaning crew I ordered online, and my GBTA. When will I buy new stock? Slowly, as I can afford it. Yes we are...
  8. L

So some pics of the first LED fixture I built in action. It worked out great, but I want to add a little more light so I am going to move this one to the FOWLER tank and build the next one with 90 LED's. Close up from above.
  9. L

Huge Tank- Need Help

You have a lot of plans, but I think the most important one might simply be patience. The turf scrubber should do the job, just make sure it's big enough for your water volume. I use two (double sided) 10x12 sheets just for my 240g system. That said, if your coupling it with macro algae and a...
  10. L

Big update. Though you guys could use some new pictures. Main Cabinet fully online now. Only thing not done is the pump for draining the tank and that's just because I need to go buy some longer hose. The main plumbing system that goes upstairs. The valves halfway up are the siphon lines...
  11. L

120 Gallon Plexi-Glass Tank Build.

Yah I am having the same issue, I had to crosslink the pics i posted the other day from my own web space. once i did that the forum transferred them and they displayed correctly. Obviously something is up with the file transfer system.
  12. L

So I made the decision to can the solar tube idea sadly. Because of the type of roof we have and the distance from the roof it just became cost prohibitive. I am instead going to do a full LED setup for both tanks though, and I ordered all the parts for that this weekend (DIY setup). I also...
  13. L

I was not offended man. Just relating info, whether you use it is up to you. I just started the cycle on my new system (thread below yours) and I'll be doing the same as you if I run into any issues. Been doing this awhile, but there are a lot of people here who have been doing it a lot longer...
  14. L

I didn't see him say he was using well water prior to that last post, so I assumed city water. If however he is using city tap water, there is a BIG difference. Well water is generally going to have minerals and so forth in it which are generally not harmful, or even helpful, depending on where...
  15. L

If you have a lot of Cyano it is likely due to 3 factors: 1) Water quality. Get a TDS meter and make sure the water you are putting in the tank registers 0 TDS prior to adding the salt. If not, this is your issue. 2) I am not exactly sure if this is the case from your wording, but it sounded...
  16. L

Tank 1 fully functional and cycling. Chased small leaks and issues for weeks, it is now 100% And a pic of the plumbing (bit of a mess...)
  17. L

Tank 1 is cycling now. Got my turf scrubber going, and main pump is working fine now (trying to lessen the hum though...). Will post some pics when the sand clears out.
  18. L

So one tank almost ready for water. Need to let some of the cement dry a bit more and will obviously be adding a bunch of dry rock to cover the pipes and so forth, but the base rock is in, the wall is up, and we are finally getting there.
  19. L

Congratz bigwave. Yah, it was a bit of a bummer, but it could have been a lot worse. I already 'fixed' the oceans motions device (I think). Just need to reinstall and test it again. Another thing that totally surprised me was that reeflo said I was losing pressure by not having the second tank...
  20. L

So bad news today. The tests did not go well. I am getting very little flow through the return and it is nowhere near cutting it. I called Reeflo and talked to them about the setup and it seems as if I am restricting the pump to much and need to switch the 1" pipes to 1.5", which isn't a huge...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store