Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. F

How many of each? I don't want to overstock.

Tetras do best in schools of at least 6 species (i'd recommend smaller kind like Neon for a 10g) and Sparkling Gouramis would do well if you get at least 3 of them, preferably one male and two females. The problem you may see is more of a compatibility nature. Betta may start harassing the...
  2. F

Ich treatment for German Blue Ram! Please help!

Hi, all, I really need an advice! I’ve introduced new German blue ram to my 12 gallon heavily planted aquarium recently and few days later he developed Ich. :sad Other tank mates include 1 female ram, 2 otocinclus and 6 neon tetras. Water conditions are in check – very low nitrate, ph 6.4...
  3. F

Feeding Fish?

I am feeding my fish the whole line of Hikari products and they enjoy it very much. Neon tetras go crazy for Micro Pellets that are specifically designed for small-mouthed fish. For my Blue Rams there is Cichlid Complete pellet and few times a week all my fish gets Bio-Pure freeze-dried brine...
  4. F

well, one of my rams died.

Hi, Sorry to hear about your Ram :sad I’ve also added a pair of German Blue Rams recently. First day I’ve lost a female and immediately exchanged her for another. In a couple of days they laid eggs, next day the male was dead and female ate the eggs. After few days I’ve added a new male and...
  5. F

Blue Ram ideal water temperature?

Hi, all! I've read in many articles that Blue Rams prefer higher water temperatures of low to mid eighties. Here is just one of them: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/FWSubWebIndex/rams.htm I keep my tank with a pair of Germans at about 80F-81F, but I'm not sure if that is warm enough for them...
  6. F

ich infected blue rams.

Hello, everyone! Two days ago I’ve added a pair of German blue rams to my aquarium and last night I spotted a male scratching, I also spotted that well-known white spot on one of my neon tetras and assume I am at the beginning of an Ich outbreak. There are also two otos in the tank, but they...
  7. F

blue ram help

Hi, I bought a pair two days ago and they do exactly the same with food. I am a bit worried. I have a heavily planted tank and a school of neon tetras, so they weren’t hiding at all, but not only that, their behavior is the absolutely opposite. They are swimming restlessly up and down in one...
  8. F

Stocking in progress - help needed!

Hello, everyone! I would like to add few more fish to my current setup and see several ways of doing it. My 12 gallon aquarium is heavily planted and water changes of 30%-50% are done once or sometimes even twice a week. The tank is well established and Nitrate readings stay below 10ppm. The...
  9. F

stocking question.

TKOS, thank you for your advice! I agree with you on a bigger tank and decided not to add any other fish to my 12 gallon. I also agree that cardinals are probably not the best choice and will try to pick some other kind. Thanks again for your help, F.
  10. F

stocking question.

thank you all for replying :) TKOS, i am not planning to keep the 12g once i move my angels to 25. i will transfer all my plants, fish, maybe even substrate to the new tank and was thinking about adding some other fish. what i need to decide, is when is the best time to add tetras, now to...
  11. F

stocking question.

Hi, all! In my 12 gallon planted aquarium I have two small angelfish (they’ll be transferred to a bigger tank very soon) and two otos. Do you think it is safe to add a small school of cardinal tetras? Any advice is greatly appreciated, F.
  12. F

Pic of my 20 gal.

angelfish
  13. F

how did your fishkeeping get started?

I used to be a cat person. Had a cat for several years and then got married. Soon we realized that my husband is allergic to cats and I had to say goodbye to my kitty. She lives with my parents now and I see her from time to time. When she disappeared from our apartment, I was inconsolable...
  14. F

just need an advice!

thank you for the reply :) i was thinking about upgrading to a 25g tall, this is the most i could fit into my apartment :mad2 but what if my angels are the same sex? i suppose this may lead to some serious fighting ones they mature (even in a bigger tank). what should i do then? keeping...
  15. F

just need an advice!

Hello everyone. I‘m new to this forum, I find it very informative and friendly, so i've decided to ask for an advice. I have two small angelfish (about quarter sized bodies) in a 12g eclipse aquarium plus two otos. The tank is heavily planted with various anubias species, cryptocornes, dwarf...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store