Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

Cloudy ( slightly milky ) water problem!!

My media has always and will always be cleaned in aquarium water.I have searched my post for the part that says otherwise and can`t seem to find it!!!!!
  2. S

Yes, I do have a running filter which is the Tetratec EX700 external cannister 24/7!!
  3. S

I`m feeding the fish 3 times daily with small pinches of flake food, Morning afternoon and about an hour before bed.I also use a PGR 1000 Power Gravel Cleaner and run the tank through a filtration cartridge back into the tank every week just as an extra clean up.
  4. S

My lights are on between 9 & 10 hours a day. I have also noticed that I have to clean my glass more frequently.
  5. S

Thanks for that but I`m trying to get one in the UK as I live on a wee island off the west coast of Scotland. Things in the UK are pretty dear. I was looking at something like the TMC V2 Vecton 300 lt Aquarium UV Steriliser. It`s a bit pricy at about £75 or $145.
  6. S

I will do the prescribed and I don`t know much about sterilizers so could you possibly advise one that is not too expensive and can handle 700 ltr per hr. I`ve seen a few but price range varies quite a lot!! Cheers!!
  7. S

I used the pea gravel from my established tank and the filter medium in my external filter was cleaned in water from previuos set-up. The test kit I use is API Freshwater Master Test Kit
  8. S

I`ve been using active carbon for the past few weeks.it seems that the longer the lights are on even only a couple of hours, the milkier it gets.
  9. S

Yes, I concur !! Hee!! Hee!!
  10. S

When I re-designed the tank I used some about a third of the matured water that I took out of the original tank set-up as a kick start to the new design.Well establised and clear!!
  11. S

Hi folks, I seem to be having an ongoing problem with my 50 US gl freshwater aquarium. I re-designed my tank into a planted aquarium abou 12+ weeks ago and I seem to have a constant cloudy slightly milky water problem no matter what I do. It seems to be more noticable when the lights have been...
  12. S

Freshwater Limpet Snails !!!

would it be possible to take my bogwood out and soak it in a mild bleach solution such as the sterilizer fluid used for babies bottles and then rinse it in cold water as they seem to be multiplying very quickly?
  13. S

Yip, 3 ghost shrimp, cople of small cone snails and another snail black body with yellowish stripes ( forgotten its name!!!)
  14. S

:help2:Hi all, I had a problem with a sudden algae bloom in my planted 50gl tank. The day after I cleaned it I noticed that I had little white dots on my bogwood. With research I found that they are freshwater river limpet snails and there are now hundreds of the little suckers ( very...
  15. S

Help !!! A couple of ??`s please.

Hi guys,Thanks for the replies so far.Sorry about delay in posting back but the time difference between US and Scotland means I`m most likely in bed when you are reading!! Anyway, I forgot to mention that my tank is fully cycled and has been for sometime. The only reading that has slightly...
  16. S

Help !!! A couple of ??`s please.

Just planted tank and not too happy at the moment!!! 50 gal tank Tetratec 700 External Filter Substrate 80lbs Eco-complete Quite a few low to mid light plants About 30 fish under 2" Neons,guppies,ottos etc. Planted about 3 weeks ago and I have noticed the water becoming quite cloudy during...
  17. S

Need help with lighting project!!

If I were to go for T5 HO, can you suggest what I would require for my size of tank. It is quite well planted.
  18. S

Need help with lighting project!!

I`m thinking of building a new hood for my 50 Gal tank. ( tank size = 542 L x 12" W x 18" H ) I am thinking of putting in CFL system so my questions are as follows: 1. How many bulbs and what wattage? 2. What type of ballasts 3. Where can I get bulbs, fittings, ballasts etc. from that will...
  19. S

Fertilizer Sticks !!??

Morning All, I`ve read of some-one using fertilizer sticks in thier planted aquariums. Will the fertilizer sticks that you can buy at garden centres be OK to use in an aquarium or are there specific ones that you need to get ??
  20. S

ID this fish PLEASE !!!!!

Thanks Stargazer53, I`m starting to hatch brine shrimp and the new fish have had a good feed today.Noticed that a lot of my guppy fry have disappeared!!!! Goodnight mate!!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store