Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. K

Frogspawn died months ago, new growth?

Awesome. They are growing nicely, and looking more and more like frogspawns. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. K

Frogspawn died months ago, new growth?

Hi everyone. Been busy with new job and just got my BS. Unfortunately my tank suffered a lot under this time. All of my corals bleached and died out during winter. But since I have finished my last class, I have been doing better with the upkeep, primarily getting the ats working again with...
  3. K

Help! 6 yr old Oscar is sitting on the bottom, not eating and bloated.

not sure this one is out of my experiences then. I've seen oscars fed fish, and somtimes it would get stuck in the mouth and sit at the bottom of the tank for days. hopefully some others could help out.
  4. K

Help! 6 yr old Oscar is sitting on the bottom, not eating and bloated.

what have you fed it recently? is it the only one in tank? acting weird in anyother ways, such as gasping look?
  5. K

Will this sump design work ?

Bring enough light when you go into crawl space. And be careful of anything metalic. In my profession, we have to get under houses once in a while, and it can be dangerous. People have been electricuted because they weren't careful. Some people get lost, and others, their one flashlight runs...
  6. K

Lighting question (again lol)

if you can, get something with a knob on it, so you can slowly turn on the lights. You could easily bleach some corals. Otherwise hang the light a good distance from the tank, and slowly lower it throughout the weeks.
  7. K

I.D this clown please

You'll love him. Clownfish are my wet pets. I am able to feed my clowns by hand. After 3 days, a new pair I just got started to pick up this habbit already.
  8. K

New Betta! Pic heavy.

Beautiful. Sucks I didn't try shopping around when I was in San Jose for work.
  9. K

FW looking to start a salt tank- advice?

madrin are doable. What I did wasmake a plexiglass box, drilled holes in it and put some LR in it. So the madrine wasn't able to get in, but pods have a "safe house." I burried it under my rock work. Coral banded are baddies. I've yet hear of anyone successfully keeping them with corals and...
  10. K

FW looking to start a salt tank- advice?

1. Bigger is better imo. I started with a 55 gallon, and just didn't like how the tanks looked. 2. *points up*. I switched from t5HO to led because I live in a small house, and during the summer it puts out enough heat to make me sweat. LED has a higher inital cost, but I believe it is worth...
  11. K

Absolutely and Completely Overwhelmed by SW

Only thing about LFS is make sure you talk to someone with years of experience. I've noticed a lot, such as PetSmart, of workers with little FW and zero SW experience explaining things to customers.
  12. K

Absolutely and Completely Overwhelmed by SW

Just do your research. You've had and ran a planted fw system, and imo it is more tedious than a FWOLR tank. And I agree, reading posts on forums suck. However, I purchased a SW book, and it was wasted money compared to information I've gained from those I consider experts here, because when...
  13. K

Van's 24 nano build

Thanks. Was thinking about doing that very thing, but haven't had time to stop by LFS. It's on the todo list. Going to wait another month or so, then go on another frag binge.
  14. K

Van's 24 nano build

I actually started June of last year, but landing a new job forced me to extend the build. I had originally thought of a coral only tank, but then my daughter wanted "nemos." June 2012 I had rocks with colors that I loved from my previous 100 gallon, and to which I kept in a 55 gallon. Then I...
  15. K

New tank

Just put the shrimp in, she's following and biting the smalles one.
  16. K

New tank

Thanks. It's all bamboo. We have a whole bunch growing in vases around the house, and I decided to put some in the tank. The ones on the right are just the cut offs that sprouted from the other bamboo. Didn't know they'll start rotting. I had seen a tank in the past with lots of bamboo like...
  17. K

MTS just showed up in my tank

Wasn't sure what a MTS was, so I looked it up. From this link below, looks like it can do it all by itself. http://www.yamatogreen.com/MalaysianTrumpetSnails.htm
  18. K

Jumping shrimp!

Thought I'd share this one, because it surprised me the first time it happened out of the corner of my eye, and again when I was looking in the bucket. So I bought 10 ghost shrimp to add to my betta tank. Acclimating them, and I noticed something black on the wall of the bucket, and a slapping...
  19. K

My new betta's

Beautiful. Don't see any like them in my area.
  20. K

Black Devil CT spawning log

Wow! Never seen bettas like those before. Very nice. Please forgive my ignorance, as I am new to bettas (and haven't done freshwater in over 10 years), but is it ok to have water so green? It's go so much nutrients in it.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store