Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. FluffynTex

How do you keep the cat off the tank?!

Tin Foil They hate to walk on it , just lay it across the top They also make a thing called a scat mat
  2. FluffynTex

I just saw this in my local Craigs List, Heck of a deal on salt water setup

http://odessa.craigslist.org/for/1595603090.html Just thought I would put it here in case anyones looking for a saltwater setup. This is a real steal wow
  3. FluffynTex

Finches

Yes remove all eggs, they multiply like rabbits. They are most likely Zebra Finch, they are the most common and easiest to raise. They come in brown and a white variety, the makes have orange cheeks spots. They are very easy to keep but the beep beep beep noise drives some people insane lol...
  4. FluffynTex

Briggs snails

I left mine but floated a little clear plastic breeder trap under it and they fell into it when they hatched. Worked great.
  5. FluffynTex

Convince her that she needs a filter!!

I have live plants in all of my tanks, no heaters and no filters, no air stones, just plants, my fish and RCS are thriving. ::shrugs::
  6. FluffynTex

Cat Skeleton

A few months ago while riding around in the oilfields on my golf cart, I found a Bull Skull with huge horns approx 4 or 5 ft across. I think its a Longhorn. It still has hide on it but was past the stinking stage. I lugged it home. It weighs a good 100 pounds. it is huge! Its in my barn until I...
  7. FluffynTex

missing shrimps

Most shrimp that I am familiar with have approx 2 year life span. Perhaps their time is up?
  8. FluffynTex

Good Beginner Beer

My brother in law is the nastiest man I ever met in my life. He always smells like stale Beer, is always drunk and disgusting. Beer has ruined his life. Drinking is NOT cool.
  9. FluffynTex

I've a pregnant Glo-fish, she laid eggs and err.. now what?

They mate as the female is laying the eggs so if you separated her before she laid them, they will be infertile. They do not store sperm like the live bearers do.
  10. FluffynTex

What size heater?

I live in Texas too and have had my tanks running for a couple years now and never have had heaters in them. I do keep my thermostat in the house set to 60 and that is the temp the tanks get but there have never been any ill effects to any of the fish, plants or red cherry shrimp.
  11. FluffynTex

Good Beginner Beer

Stick to Iced Tea, Lemonade, Pepsi etc and skip the Beer. I can not stand the smell of a person who has been drinking Beer. Not to mention the more Beer you Consume, the more Obnoxious you become. But the smell is the worst.
  12. FluffynTex

hatchling Corn snakes.

Nice babies! Makes me sure miss my snake. I have an Albino Kenyan Sand Boa male about 18 inches long who is an escapee in my house somewhere.
  13. FluffynTex

How Many?

My best friend has a large pond in her backyard and it has Koi, goldfish and mosquitofish. Everyone gets along fine, no problems except the mosquitofish breed like crazy hehe
  14. FluffynTex

Mystery Fry found...

That is the best Fry pic I have ever seen. So clear and in focus for such a close up. Congrats! Can't wait to see what they turn out to be. Keep us posted.
  15. FluffynTex

Outdoor pond clarity? how to make it better?

I have live plants in mine and add fresh water daily to keep it full to the top, it stays clear to the bottom
  16. FluffynTex

In Loving Memory of our GREAT Fathers....

My sweet Daddy passed away last Sunday June 14th. He knew it was time and called us all to be there with him. We visited for a couple of hours and he drank a whiskey and coke then he wanted to take a nap because he was tired. He was really shaking bad from the Parkinson's and it had just wore...
  17. FluffynTex

Zombie Movies..whats your favorite?

I have seen them all and love them. The very first one I ever watched was Omega Man with Charlton Heston. It would have to be my all time fav.
  18. FluffynTex

Near Catastrophe!!!!

I have a 55 gallon tank with a few live plants and mollies, platies, guppies, endlers, otto, cories and mts and no filter, no air, no heater. It is totally natural and the fish are healthy and look great. I have had it up and running for about 2 years now. Same with my pond outside, just plants...
  19. FluffynTex

Guppies - how to minimize mom eating the babies?

I have a heavily planted tank, 55 gallons with lots of moss and guppy grass and ferns etc, I have guppies mollies and platies and never move anyone, I have a constant supply of new young that replace the older ones as they die off. I have tried the breeder traps and had no luck at all.
  20. FluffynTex

Robot Sheep Shearing

I "might" have been impressed if the robot did the shearing all by itself but it was done with a remote control which is completely pointless in my opinion, if your gonna be controlling the shears why not just shear the old fashioned way? You can hand shear 5 sheep in the time it took them to do...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store