Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. K

How would you stock a 2000 Gallon aquarium?

Since im looking at fairly small fishes, I'm talking about ignoring the 1"/Gallon general rule. I think 3000 small fishes total would be okay for the 2000 Gallon tank, no? 1000 Cardinals, 500 Rasboras, 500 Rummy noses and I'm already at 2k.
  2. K

Would severely overstocking be okay? Considering the large volume of water, plants and large sump.
  3. K

If you had a 2000 Gallon aquarium, how would you stock it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpXli4pFqMU&feature=plcp I'm feeling adventurous and doing something like this is something i've always planned to when I retire. A 2000 Gallon main tank connected to a fishroom in the basement that...
  4. K

Mbuna

Wow I'm adding these guys to my wish list! They are beautiful! I love the females too! From the pictures they look like they stay close to each other. Are they more rock dwelling or are they like aceis who tend to swim out in the open?
  5. K

The skippers have a new roommate and they are NOT happy about it.

are they compatible? i have that same waterfall thing btw.
  6. K

Just got 2 mini puffer fish.

I heard if DPs die and your other fish eat it, that fish will die from poison. Is this true?
  7. K

I bought 2 $20G tanks for $14 each!

Standard. So far I'm liking the idea of shellys, rams/apistos. I guess Shellys would appreciate my 20L more?
  8. K

I want to try live plants but I don't think the lights that came with it is good enough. I'd love to try a pair of rams + Cardinals + ottos + live plants though. I also like dwarf puffers but I don't like the idea of feeding them live food. MTS is hitting me hard. 3 20G tanks, 2 10G tanks and...
  9. K

I went to Petsmart and they labeled the tanks wrong! I bought 2 brand new top fin 20G tanks with hoods for $13.99 each! I went to another one and they are back to $74 each! What should I put in them? I have a 55G mbuna tank and a 20G guppy tank, I want to try something new, any suggestions?
  10. K

Indoor Ponds (Rays, Kois and Turtles?)

thanks for the replies, I'll do more research. One more thing, how do you think the pond is going to affect the smell of my house? Will my house smell like fish? LOL
  11. K

Indoor Ponds (Rays, Kois and Turtles?)

I was thinking of an out door pond but I've seen pictures of people with ponds for their Rays. I was wondering if Rays and Kois are compatible, and hopefully, turtles too. A nice indoor pond similar to this: http://www.motion-vr.com/mbsr/shark/shark-reef.html (4th pic) Kois should be able to...
  12. K

Filter Cartridges.

I used a old filter cartridge form a HOB to cycle a new 10 Gallon fish tank instantly. The filter has been getting old and is clogging a bit. My 20G runs 3 of the same cartridge, can i switch a brand new one that has been running for a week on the 20G to the 10G and not have any mini cycles?
  13. K

How should I set up this new tank?

Okay. One more question, first here are my tank specs. 55 Gallon - Eheim 2217 + HOB rated for 60G 20 Gallon - 2 HOB rated for 20G each I'll be moving one HOB from the 20 Gallon for the neww 10 Gallon and my HOB from the 55 to the 20 G. Is one 2217 sufficient for my 55 Gallon tank with 6...
  14. K

How should I set up this new tank?

20 Gallon tank with 2 HOBs. It is a guppy tank. I plan on setting up a new 10 Gallon tank for the fry that are currently in the breeder box in the 20G. Do I move the filter over to the 10 Gallon tank and move the fry at the same time. move the filter first, let it run for a few hours, or what?
  15. K

Water Changes - The "correct" way

he only uses filter floss, not expensive at all + he needs to change it because it clogs. " tell him he will get more guppies if he changes the water each week" is that supposed to mean the guppies will die off? Cause hes been following this formula for years with minimal deaths.
  16. K

bump for more input
  17. K

His response: Since his old water changing schedule as worked. He as taken a new approach. He agrees that changing one cartridge at a time is correct, but it is not necessary to do so. The filter is clogged as a result and a new cartridge, which will improve the water flow is even more...
  18. K

He has around 10 adult guppies and 20 baby guppies in the 20 Gallon fish tank with 2 HOB filters on it
  19. K

in other words, does it work?
  20. K

Top Fin Hang on the back, not an canister, no bio media and not a bio wheel He changes 40-50% of the water every 2 weeks or so.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store