Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. finsNfur

Angelfish with huge lips~time to euthanize?

I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier, lacie. What finally happened with your angel, if you are still posting here? Mine lived for about another year, but one of the lips (the lower) kept growing back. I had to go through that horrible procedure 3-4 times. The last time I think she got a...
  2. finsNfur

First post of my stock

Wow, those are beautiful! And I agree, I'd love a full tank shot.
  3. finsNfur

My Fish Tank

That is pretty. But hmm, who goes first on this one....:uhoh:
  4. finsNfur

New 40B and a return to the hobby. Yay!!!

OMG, your little dog is just adorable. And your tank looks really nice, too. :)
  5. finsNfur

frequency of water changes for betta fish bowls

Is he in half a gallon of water, or one gallon? Water quality aside, half is not enough, that's very small. There isn't much room to swim around in a half gallon of water. Even one gallon is a bit small. Keep an eye on his fins and tail, if the water quality is bad enough they will start to...
  6. finsNfur

My planted tank :)

That's nice. Is that a pearl gourami I see?
  7. finsNfur

bloated cherry barb- is she full of eggs or sick?

Mine get that way sometimes, too. Although I've never seen the scales "ruffled". That could be a sign of sickness. I haven't fully woken up yet, at the moment the name of it escapes me, maybe Dropsy?
  8. finsNfur

Border patrol took my plants

That's a shame! But I understand the need for someone to be watching out for invasive plants. There are all kinds of plants/pests that have made it to other countries that have caused all sorts of problems. You shouldn't expect to get your money back, just call it a lesson learned, hopefully...
  9. finsNfur

Final planning for my 55 gal. Tips, pointers, or critiques?

I wouldn't add the otos for a few months or more, they need some established algae to feed on. They can be finicky eaters and won't always eat flake food, sinking pellets, algae wafers, etc. They, as well as a bn pleco, would enjoy some blanched zucchini or cucumber occasionally, and lately...
  10. finsNfur

Glueing anubias to wood/rock

Glue? Never thought of that, how does it dry if added to something wet? And it's not harmful to fish? I always use fishing line or thread.
  11. finsNfur

Starting a pond

There are a lot of factors involved. Were you thinking of a pre-formed pond, or digging one yourself? Liners can be expensive, and you want to be sure you get a good quality liner. Plus an underlayment, a filter....if you are in an area that gets cold in the winter, you might need a floating...
  12. finsNfur

FREE Limited Time, Free floating plants, Free Cherry Red Shrimps. Free fish Pick up only.

It's not that I'm being lazy, it's actually one of the rules when posting on the Marketplace forum. It makes it easier for people to browse the threads, and the OP would get more looks at the thread from locals. A mod might come along and update it, or sometimes they close the thread if there...
  13. finsNfur

FREE Limited Time, Free floating plants, Free Cherry Red Shrimps. Free fish Pick up only.

I wish the location had been in the title. ;) I'd love the goldfish, but you are too far away. Good luck!
  14. finsNfur

Thanks, Jim! I sure did want a drink after the surgery! Thankfully it was morning or I might have over-indulged for sure. Here she is just now, acting completely normal! She's in her regular tank, I didn't want to stress her by keeping her in the 14g QT tank. I put melafix in the tank, and...
  15. finsNfur

Yeah, I forgot to ask about that, we were actually discussing that at my house last night. :rofl: Maybe vwill is a vet or something? My dd worked at a horse hospital all summer and did interesting things like assist in horse castrations etc. But a mouse? There is a story here!
  16. finsNfur

FS Black Molly Juvies/ Houston, Tx/ PU Only

LOL, I'd take them but you are way too far away.
  17. finsNfur

MONSTER CATFISH IS HUGE

Growing up in Oklahoma, and vacationing further south, I used to see those types of huge catfish and big carp, especially cruising around the boat docks. People cleaning fish always tossed the skin and bones over the side. I'd watch people fish for them sometimes, it could take them literally...
  18. finsNfur

She's still doing good, very alert and active! Definitely has an appetite and is enjoying eating again. Her lips still look awful, I don't think she'll even win any beauty contests, but I am very pleased with her progress thus far.
  19. finsNfur

I'm sorry to hear you lost your gourami, fozzybear. I had some dwarf gouramis for a year or more, beautiful fish. Interesting, I didn't realize that the removal of a fish would remove the virus, I was afraid it might lurk around in tank awhile. Hopefully it's genetic, not viral. At any rate...
  20. finsNfur

Golden Sailfin Mollies Giving Birth!

Good luck with the fry, Realkrafty! Very pretty fish. I have some 24k/gold dust mollies, and very few fry ever live. In the two or so years I've had them, I think 3-4 actually reached adulthood. Right now I have a few in my 10 gallon growout tank, but the adult fish and female betta usually...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store