Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. myswtsins

wood

I wouldn't run the carbon at first, just keep up on those water changes and then adding carbon before the fish couldn't hurt anything. Make a sketch! Always a good idea to get some input and it will help curb the urge to move forward too fast (we all know this feeling lol). For me anyway, doing...
  2. myswtsins

wood

It is most likely safe to use after soaking to let anything leech out (so changing the water as it is soaking is very important). All wood rots eventually. Light soft woods just rot faster. A new 55g trash can is great for soaking wood and a variety of other fish related things, I keep a couple...
  3. myswtsins

FS Big, Beautiful, EASY Crypts

This things is a tank IMO. pH - 8.2, GH & KH about 9, temp is room temp no heater.
  4. myswtsins

Haha, thanks! Life gets crazy sometimes, hope everyone is doing well.
  5. myswtsins

If you are interested in a plant package send me a DM and I can go over the details with you Yes, plenty available. Send me a DM
  6. myswtsins

Crypt Usteriana grown in low and medium light tanks with little to no maintenance, little to no fish even, no ferts and basic clay based substrate. Mother plants at 30+in and plantlets that send out spathes on a regular basis, always at least one in there at all times. When under good light...
  7. myswtsins

58g Planted w/overflow and sump

That's weird! lol My BN and kuhli don't bother any of my plants or dig. But I think your growth issue is to do with hardness. These crypts seem to love the hard water I have. One more reason I hate getting rid of them, one of the few plants that not only tolerate my water but actually like it.
  8. myswtsins

Where is everybody?

Exactly lol (but about me). Or they are .... not as nice as the people here, let's say that. :)
  9. myswtsins

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the read, makes it all worth the effort of documenting it. Swords will do that lol It was an amazing plant to experience, just bulletproof like no other plant I've ever encountered. I still have a couple pieces of it floating in my 20L with an old tube light that I...
  10. myswtsins

:eek::eek: Ok, I suck at taking before pictures! I just start working and then think "huh should have taken a pic first, oh well" and continue working. As you can see I removed ALL the C. usteriana and brought it to my local club (where I hope it sold, didn't stay for auction cause there was...
  11. myswtsins

Where is everybody?

Unfortunately forums in general have become antiquated, everyone opting for social media instead. A couple other fish forums are still active but I prefer it here. :D
  12. myswtsins

PALDARIUM VIVARIUM I'M UNSURE BUT I THINK YOU'LL LIKE

Pond looks amazing! Footage is awesome too! Excellent job
  13. myswtsins

Aquatic Experience 2018 - October 19-21 2018

I might come up for one day, maybe Sat? Hotel prices are too ridiculous @ $164 a night and that was the discounted rate (which expired), normal price is like $350!
  14. myswtsins

54 Gal corner filtration

I would do either a canister or a mattenfilter. Honestly I would probably choose mattenfilter ran with a powerhead as this is perfect for a corner setup. Depends on stocking and plants too.
  15. myswtsins

You QT Routine

I QT just about everything these days and I tend to do it for 4-6 weeks. On occasion I have dropped them in when buying from a local trusted source that I know has already QT'd (like Rachel O'leary) but even then the stress of transport could allow something to pop up. Also if I get sensitive...
  16. myswtsins

Jumping Back Into the Forum with a DIY!!!

Love a DIY project! I think the new rock cover looks and great and this is all very interesting!
  17. myswtsins

Spathe! First one from the Usteriana. Obviously it doesn't understand that the leaves are doubled over to stay in the water so it's popping out lol. Don't mind my crusty holding cell.
  18. myswtsins

R.I.P Frisbee

Sorry for your loss. This is why I prefer to not have others take care of my fish while I am gone, for up to 2 weeks anyways.
  19. myswtsins

Hurricane evac

Thanks for the update. So glad everyone made it ok! Hope everything else made it ok too.
  20. myswtsins

Nope, couldn't find anything. Luckily I just got some plant sponges (aka water lettuce and sprite) from my fish club that I can throw in there in case of mini cycle. ;) Nice, a little fall cleaning! Should have mailed the plants to me though! :D
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store