Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. B

How does everyone feed their tank when leaving for a weekend?

You guys are great, thank you. Topping off shouldn't be a problem as I usually top off about twice a week any way.
  2. B

How does everyone feed their tank when leaving for a weekend?

So I'm going out of town for a few days and am curious how others feed their fish while they are gone. I would rather not have someone come out to the house every day to feed. I have five fish in a 29 gallon and all are carnivores/omnivores.
  3. B

New Salt Water Tank 30 gal

A 30 gallon can be tough for picking fish, but there are a lot of great choices out there. I have a Valentini Puffer, Clarkii Clown, Bicolor Blenny, Bicolor psuedochromis, and a coral hawkfish in my 30 gallon.
  4. B

Pale colored Pseudochromis?

I may give that a shot if I don't see improvement. Thanks. I'm feeding the tank a mixture of krill, mixed frozen food and pellets.
  5. B

He is definitely pale. You know how all the fish become a little pale at night when the light is off? He looks like that all day long. I can't think of anything that could have stressed the tank. It's been stable for months. Eating and swimming around just fine.
  6. B

I noticed today that my bi-color pseudochromis doesn't look the way he usually does and it has me concerned about the other fish in my tank. He typically has a very vibrant pink/yellow color to him, however today he is looking a bit pale and blotchy. His entire lower jaw is white and the rest...
  7. B

Splinter in Clownfish

Looks like a piece of live rock.
  8. B

Interesting Clarkii Clownfish behavior worth talking about

So I've had a Clarkii Clownfish for about two weeks now and since I put him in I've been noticing my sand has been moving around quit a bit. I figured it was the new clownfish and tonight I finally caught him in the act. It's real bizarre, he'll get real close to the sand, open his mouth real...
  9. B

Another Newbie

Welcome to the SW world. I'm currently working on a 30 gallon too. I used to have a 44 gallon, and I think I'm actually liking this smaller tank a little better. It's definitely easier for me to maintain. Anyways, there is a great thread in the invertebrate section about clean-up crews...
  10. B

Serpent/Brittle Star Question

Thanks for the quick reply. Funny story actually, I just answered my own question. As I was posting this thread I thawed out some frozen food for my fish. The second the food hit the water the starfish came out from a completely different place than I thought he was and took some food that...
  11. B

30 gal toby puffer tank questions

Parameters are great actually. I've got plenty of water movement in the tank and I change about five gallons every week.
  12. B

Serpent/Brittle Star Question

Well I decided to test my luck with a brittle star. Figured it would be a great addition to the cleanup crew. My LFS store had some of them in red so I picked up a small one this past Saturday. It is now Wednesday and I have yet to see him. I dripped acclimated him for about an hour before...
  13. B

30 gal toby puffer tank questions

I have one of these puffers in my 30 gallon. He only picks at my hermit crabs, which doesn't bother me really. He leaves the peppermint shrimp and turbo snails alone. Just started the tank up actually, it's my second tank. All I have for filtration right now is 40lbs of live rock and a deep...
  14. B

What Has Crawled out of your filter

Had an aiptasia in mine :swear:
  15. B

What corals would you keep under 96w of HO T5 on a 29g?

Link to said 96w T5HO? Assuming this is for a 30" 29g?
  16. B

Rescue a clown Midlothian VA

I'd adopt him from you however I am a few hours north in Fairfax. Can you return him to your LFS for a credit?
  17. B

Beginner corals for low light setups?

Thanks for the info. Like I said, unfortunately upgrading my light is not an option now. I started this thread to see what my options were and it appears they are slim to none. I'm not one to ask for advice and then disregard it so I suppose I'll wait until I get better lighting before...
  18. B

I'm sorry. Good catch. I meant florescent. Any more info on this upgrade to CFLS? Any ideas on corals that don't require light?
  19. B

Good info, thanks. Can anyone verify?
  20. B

Hey everyone. To start, a little over a year ago I set up a new FOWLR setup in a 44 gallon tank. I just moved and ended up transplanting my water, LR, and fish into a new 29 gallon tank. The new 29 gallon tank is packed with the 45 or so lbs of live rock from my 44 gallon and looks great. I...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store