Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. DrNo

Using soft water for SW + 36 gallon reef planning

Bump on this old thread but it is still very much in-play as I prepare to move the tanks to the next residence. Thanks again Amph for this info. as its already becoming valuable as I prepare for equipment purchase (especially the recommended overflow). I've already got the dedicated RO/DI unit...
  2. DrNo

90 gallon tall Tang to Malawi conversion

Great feedback, thanks guys. I'm inclined to agree with the Acei/labs for the mixed tank. Thread still alive and will update with photos when the setup begins!
  3. DrNo

Trader, traitor, Vader, its all relative... :hitting: Thanks for the feedback here efors; nice thought. I like the chisumulae quite a bit, but the yellow/blue combo in the saulosi is a major selling point. I'd probably opt for the yellow labs and ditch the chisumulae. I also have a source for...
  4. DrNo

150 Gallon Build Thread ... From the Start

Hey Coy, was going to congratulate you on this mature, incredible tank now ~1 year old until you told me it only takes 15 mins. of work a month. That, Sir, is ridiculous :) ... hope you're as well as your tanks.
  5. DrNo

DR.NO'S 125G TANG TANK

:rofl:Wow! Such divided loyalty between Tang and Malawi! wonder where the Lake Vics weigh in on this... Yes, its true. It will upset the planted tank folks, but the 125 gallon SE Asian planted is actually bare and dry as we speak (also in prep for the move). The Malawi is definitely going to...
  6. DrNo

Hilarious guys, thanks for the support :rolleyes: Seriously though, trying to assimilate experience in a new type of tank management. No experience with Malawis whatsoever. The hap suggestion got me thinking, and I redoubled research. My concerns about feeding with carnivores and...
  7. DrNo

An all male hap tank is a really interesting idea that I had not considered. The nice thing about Dave's selection is that they allow purchase by sex (can't do that Live Aquaria...). He also has a nice selection of male haps to choose from: http://www.davesfish.com/ In an all male tank, what...
  8. DrNo

LOL Pitt! Did I mention that a 125 gallon may be converted to Tang? :) But let's not discuss that here....
  9. DrNo

Please help, AC

pet, tonight was the first time I read the "boot" thread. You do raise an interesting point. For the record, I think chef did the right thing by reporting all those shenanigans to the authorities even though it was clearly a hoax (from the first communication, no less). I have learned that such...
  10. DrNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
  11. DrNo

Please help, AC

Great to see you mel. Hope all is well with you and the tanks!
  12. DrNo

Please help, AC

Apology not accepted. :thm:
  13. DrNo

Please help, AC

Does that apply to Ms. as well? Of course its a joke, but the spirit of the OP's post indicates she's not amused.
  14. DrNo

Please help, AC

Ms, I must agree this is in very poor taste, though there is a strong possibility there is/was no malicious intent. I suspect someone from AC will come forward and apologize to you profusely. That said, it would still be prudent to report this to local law enforcement and I would not hesitate...
  15. DrNo

Brown Diatoms Beware!

Razzo, really great looking comps and calvus! I ordered precisely the same zebras (from Ms) for my Tang setup and they do a fantastic job. Well done. A note about diatoms, from personal experience. High silica levels are a significant factor. I fought diatoms and then decided to test silica...
  16. DrNo

Long time no see Rifties. Hope you and your tanks are all well. Long story short (and timed with a move), my 90 gallon tall tank will be converted into a Malawi setup. The Comps, Calvus et al. had to be rehomed in prep for this move and its a shame because they were doing so well and getting...
  17. DrNo

FS Msjinkzd's Sale Thread- Shipping/PU; York, PA

You know I'm lurking Rachel. All of your stock looks in primo shape :worthy: Agree with rich_one; I'm in total nerite withdrawal. Still holding off on that re-order from you in the hopes you'll have a nerite miracle. Those microcrabs are tempting though. How do they respond to gravel vac? I...
  18. DrNo

Mystery Diesease Returns, Help NEEDED!!!

Anna, I am very sorry to hear you're still fighting this; I know how frustrating these situations can be. Here's the bottom line, IMO: 1) I hate to have been "right" but in looking at your new, sharp photos, you have to presume a parasite. As Mel mentioned, you could have been seeing much...
  19. DrNo

New Pickups: WC Polypterus delhezi(S)

Sweet polyps!
  20. DrNo

New photo's of my fish... 125gal Shellie and Altolamp community

Great colors on those comps and neolamps Pitt! Very happy specimens.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store