Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. tamz273

Aquamaxx HOB-1 Microbubbles

Thanks for the advice TL.. Ive tried lots of foam, my last resort was to put a foam cylinder on the return of the skimmer.. Bubbles have been reduced, but still not gone. Im afraid of adding any more live stock until my bubbles issue is resolved...
  2. tamz273

Took some images of the amount of microbubbles being purged back in.. More progress: I called Marine Depot today and explained my scenario. The rep on the phone recommended a water change and to run some carbon. I wasn't too keen on running carbon on the tank, it barely had anything in it...
  3. tamz273

Hey all, Been a while since I have been here.. I took my tank apart a few years ago, and have just setup a new 30gal. I bought the Aquamaxx HOB-1 for a skimmer, but have been having microbubbles flood back into the tank ever since I bought it. It has been running for over a month and a half...
  4. tamz273

Time to Remove Shrimp during Cycle?

Day 1 of the skimmer was horrible.. Glad it had an overflow to dump back into reservoir because the collection cup was constantly filling up with water.. Day 2 of the skimmer is much better, no longer overflowing but still pouring microbubbles into the tank.. Hoping a few more days of "break-in"...
  5. tamz273

For anyone who's been following, or may ever reference this.. Ammonia and Nitrites dropped to 0, and my Nitrates were at around 50ppm. I did a 20-22 gal water change on my 29gal tank and added some cleanup crew. I am waiting for the water to get through all the parts till I try running the...
  6. tamz273

Awesome, glad someone else is on the same page as me :) Im trying to avoid carbon, planning on doing 2 50% water changes with a 2 day gap.. Hopefully that will bring the nitrates down enough and also clear up the stuff left over from the putty... Nitrites are down to .2ppm today, hopefully 0...
  7. tamz273

Thanks for the feedback! I have laid off the lights the past few days, turned them back on today after Ammonia tested 0. Nitrites are well above 1ppm, so hoping the some more algae will take care of the nitrates as they increase. Nitrates are currently over 40ppm, and will only climb as...
  8. tamz273

Ammonia still looking pretty high.. I would say 1.8 - 2.0.. Will monitor it for a few days till it starts coming back down. Should I run the skimmer now or after the Ammonia zero's out?
  9. tamz273

No phosphate tests.. PH is pretty low (7.7), hoping to fix that with a water change ~20gal in a 29gal tank. Might have the lights come back on when the nitrates are back down, but for now it seems too easy for algae to bloom, no need to force it more with the lights.. Skimmer is brand new too...
  10. tamz273

I used live rock and live sand.. Live rock has been "curing" at the LFS for a while, he wouldnt give me a solid time so I didnt really consider it fully cured. Took the shrimp out last night and came home today to a brown algae bloom on 2 of my live rocks. Probably going to turn the lights off...
  11. tamz273

My test kit only measures to 2ppm :( just surprised the spike came so soon..
  12. tamz273

Hey Guys, Ive been out of the hobby for a while, and have finally jumped back in. Im currently cycling my tank and I see a pretty big Ammonia spike within 3 days of the cycles start. I tested Ammonia at 2.0 yesterday, and Nitrites starting to creep. My question here is, should I keep the...
  13. tamz273

So my GF works at Converse...

And has this promo code for 30% off for the next week. They have some sort of competition going on over there so figured Id share with the community No catch's or any sign ups, just a promo code for the checkout! FFw112Fr Hope someone makes use of it!
  14. tamz273

Herbtana VS Ich

The title gives you a good idea of my problem. I have had ich for a long time, and I kept trying to fight it off using Vita Chem and Garlic but it got too far. After not seeing any visible improvement, I decided to go with a medication. Given my good past experience with Herbtana, (I used it...
  15. tamz273

Giesemann MH wont fire anymore

No thoughts/ideas?
  16. tamz273

Alright well first off thanks for the feedback! I have a fair amount of knowledge with electronics, so I opened up the ballast last night to find TWO capacitors.. One rated at around 1kuF and the other I didnt read, although it was a BIT smaller.. Im not sure if they were electronic of...
  17. tamz273

Hey guys, Been a while since I've been on here, so I hope everyones been well and all is going good. I have a Giesemann 230 Plus fixture, includes 2x250W Halides, and 2 Actinics. 2 days ago I turned off the fixture to clean the glass protector, and I went to turn it back on and it...
  18. tamz273

What is this Disease?! :(

Hey guys, Its been a while since I've been on here, but its time for some of your expert help again.. About 50 days ago, I noticed a pop-eye in one of my fish. A week later he died. 2 days after he died, another fish died of something that I would describe as a "sandy" layer on its skin. The...
  19. tamz273

Cloudy Tank after adding Diamond Back Goby

alright ill stay away.. but yeh its definetly clearing up! i was really scared! didnt think it would!! thanks alot for all the advice you guys gave me!
  20. tamz273

Cloudy Tank after adding Diamond Back Goby

So an update, my tank is finally cleared up to about 85%.. no intense fogging or anything... but theres a light cloudyness in the water that I dont know if itll every dissapear. One of the employees at my LFS said that Seachem make a product that can be added to the filter that makes the filter...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store