Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. WildForFish

Cichlid ID

fshfanatic, the spotted fish emerging from the rock cave is the Tropheus, a juvenile Sorry, cannot clearly see, the markings or coloring, possibly Julidochromis transcriptus Bemba?
  2. WildForFish

Oto cats passed

Ottos cannot survive on algae alone, given the fact they share the algae with ghost shrimp, supplement the diet with algae wafers & blanched vegetables. Algae wafers given daily & veges bi-weekly I maintain them with a minuscule amount of algae in my tanks.
  3. WildForFish

Setting up a Tanganyika tank

I have several Tang tanks, each planted with variations of the following plants: Cryptocoryne: Wendtii Red, Spiralis Java Fern: Needle, Narrow leaf Anubias: several variations Bacopa Monnieri- only able to maintain in two of eight tanks - but growing beautifully in those two. ( I use...
  4. WildForFish

Name This Moss!

Although the color is a little off looks to be a version of Stringy Moss?. Leptodictyum riparium http://www.aquamoss.net/Stringy-Moss/Stringy-Moss.htm I use it in killi grow out tanks as it fills out 2.5 gals perfectly and neatly.
  5. WildForFish

Substrate or no...?

In order to get your cycle going, you will need to raise the PH level. Adding crushed limestone to your filter in a nylon bag will assist in bring up the level.
  6. WildForFish

Substrate or no...?

Cradlefan, Seeing as we just did the same thing a couple of months ago (removing the gravel ), I was just offering the information as we are not having a problem. I did not mean it as a solution to the posters issue.
  7. WildForFish

Substrate or no...?

Hello Mummbly1, Do you have any driftwood in the tank? Most of our tanks are bare bottomed, the 125 & 135 house an assortment of plecos. Previously the 135 was planted with plenty of driftwood, we just moved thus the the gravel was removed, in setting the tanks back up we decided to keep it...
  8. WildForFish

FT Dwarf water lettuce, salvinia minima, taiwan moss

Hello, I would be interested on getting all that you still have available.
  9. WildForFish

Show your shrimp bowl!

Temporary shrimp containers. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/ssswoman/A Fish 9 23 2011/Fish9232011012.jpg (Moving to 10gals or larger "goldfish" type bowls, haven't made a decision yet)
  10. WildForFish

FS Subwassertang

PM sent
  11. WildForFish

Urgent Angelfish Fry help needed.

Hello, You stated "at the bottom of the container" are they in a cycled tank? When feeding, are you grinding the the food to very small particles? The food should be a powder. I find BBS a good starter food but at this point, a powdered food especially for fry is better than ground flake...
  12. WildForFish

Moss bubbling?

Hello. It is called pearling, plants will pearl if they have enough light and is part of the photosynthesis process.
  13. WildForFish

FAVORITE BOTTOM DWELLER THREAD!!!:)

Partial list-all Favorites :) C. Panda C. Schwartzi C. Sterbai C. Schultzi Black Orange Sripe-CW010 Aspidora Sp.-C036 Corydora Sp.-C141 Hypancistrus-L262 Hypancistrus-L066 Ancistrus Sp.-344 Peckoltia Compta-L134 Baryancistrus-L142 Clown Loaches Bristlenose- Albino- long & short fin...
  14. WildForFish

Bayleesfishees closed?

My apologies, I sent the e-mail to the new guy. If you want, I can ask Cory about the BBB or if it will even be available any more. Wild
  15. WildForFish

Bayleesfishees closed?

Cory has passed his clients on to another supplier. Not sure of all the details. I have e-mailed him, to make sure it would be okay to refer his name here. TT
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store