Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. aj2494

I'm Back and Help Me Come Up with Some Stock Ideas

It's a little smaller but not by too much.
  2. aj2494

I did have a bn in the calvus tank before. He was doing well until I found him chopped up in my filter box. He jumped into it over the overflow, so it may have been aggression that caused it. As far as them eating snails, if I get a species that reproduces really quickly, I couldn't care less if...
  3. aj2494

The julies seem to be settling down a little bit. The calvus are doing great with everybody as well. I still have to decide if I want to add the synos or not. I don't think any fry would survive in this tank anyway, so I think I'll probably add some. The last thing is to get somebody for...
  4. aj2494

TBA

Oh yeah duh. AJ is just my first two initials. My name is Andrew Kreppel.
  5. aj2494

TBA

Make sure you tell SI I referred you. He might hook you up if you decide to order from him.
  6. aj2494

I decided to test this out, and bought 4 white cloud minnows and put them in with the calvus. They were a little interested, but no hunting behavior. I also found a thread on a different forum where one guy said he puts his 1/2" cyp fry in with his WC group of adult calvus to grow them out. I...
  7. aj2494

TBA

Yeah, he's who I just got my order from. Really nice guy, and his prices are all the same. He pretty much just prices everything to break even with maybe a little profit. It's a hobby, not his job I guess.
  8. aj2494

TBA

You should check out SI Cichlids before you go to the convention. His online stocklist isn't accurate, but it's worth a shot. And shipping from Staten Island is probably pretty cheap.
  9. aj2494

What does everybody think about my calvus worries?
  10. aj2494

I'm still worried about the calvus eating my newbies. My big male is about 4", and the smallest cyp is a little over an inch. Should I be worried?
  11. aj2494

Thanks guys. I really like the cabinet setup too. The fixture came from my reef. It's a 4 x 54W T5HO 48" Wavepoint. It was on my reef, and it had an issue with the wiring for one of the ballasts and an end cap. The cap melted, and I couldn't risk waiting for a replacement, so I bought a 6 bulb...
  12. aj2494

I'll get some up tomorrow. I'm in my sister's wedding, and needles to say, in no shape to take pictures even if I was home.
  13. aj2494

Got all of the fish from SI today. I'm delaying adding the calvus because I'm a bit worried about the male trying to munch on my cyps...
  14. aj2494

TBA

I had some brevis that did that once. I found her a month later when I stirred up the sand and out she swam.
  15. aj2494

TBA

Ohhh... Pitt, are you gonna take that from her?
  16. aj2494

TBA

Why not put the larger pile on the left so it hides the overflow and the smaller on the right?
  17. aj2494

TBA

I took the plunge into SW a few years ago. I love my reef tank, and my only regret is that it sucked my focus away from my rifties. I'm surprised how many of us have reefs and rifties. Myswtsins, I'm stuck with my aquascaping too. It seems like no matter what we do, no one is completely...
  18. aj2494

Check em out on google. The owner of SI told me to try them because I wanted meleagrise, telling me that his are slightly bigger now and would deal with calvus and julies better. The common name is black occies instead of pearly like meleagrise. I like them a little more too, so it's a win-win.
  19. aj2494

Ok, so here's what I'm doing. I located a source for cyps that has basically everything I want to get except the petricola, which are coming from aquabid. 4-5 Yellow Calvus coming from my other tank 6 Transcriptus Bemba 8 Speciosus 12 Cyp. sp. Kerenge Island 12 Petricola (this high number isn't...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store