Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

Can someone explain high filtration turnover rate to me.

Purely from a keeping the water clean perspective I would agree that the more/better mechanical filtration is beneficial. However from a fish perspective it does not matter where is breaks down. Since I am sure non of us have opened a filter to clean it and found all the things it has sucked...
  2. S

I guess my question came up because of this, after a bit of an episode. I was able to get an empty 75g with a emp400 and a magnum350. I want to keep one oscar in there and trying to debate if i should upgrade the filtration at all. currently the media of the magnum350 is just some bioballs...
  3. S

If there is ammonia or nitrite in the water when it is in the aquarium a larger population of bacteria will then exist in the aquarium instead of in the filter but still accomplishing the same objective.
  4. S

it seems as though the removal rate of ammonia or nitrite is never a problem except in the most extreme of low end filtration. And even then those are quickly broken down into nitrate anywhere in the tank. Which could be accomplished just by powerheads.
  5. S

I am having trouble figuring out the reason for high turn over rates with filtration. After a certain point I don't understand exactly what it is accomplishing. If there is no stagnant spots and the aquarium is at least all filtered at a somewhat reasonable rate I am wondering what the...
  6. S

My not so over adventures over the last week. (long)

Yea I gave them a call they said nothing has changed over the last month. The death rate seems to be slowing so i think the ones that are dieing now are from the damage that whatever the issue was had caused.
  7. S

4 days later and they are still dieing.. however it seems to be slowing down. I have been changing water every day in the 10 gallon so I cant imagine its anything left in the water. I guess it could still be from internal damage that was caused from whatever the initial problem was. They are...
  8. S

Supersaturation

I prime the same way as above, treat the whole tank when filling up and I aim at a powerhead with aeration. What I am saying though is the deaths did not happen quickly, they happened over the course of 4-5 days about 3-4 fish a day of the stock in my sig. My only lead is blood red eyes when...
  9. S

Supersaturation

It was a rather quick process though? all the deaths happened rather quickly and not days later? If so that may rule it out and i may look at poisoning again as the option. thanks for response.
  10. S

Supersaturation

I don't know for sure.. I wish i did.. But it has become one of the possibility for my tank being nearly completely wiped out.
  11. S

Supersaturation

Has anyone ever had supersaturation in there water supply be a problem when filling tanks directly from the faucet with a python/hose? If so can you share some of your experiences with it I have recently experienced a die off in my tank and am trying desperately to come up with the cause and...
  12. S

rubber couplings. Safe?

I wiped everything down but one question... How reliable is carbon at removing anything that may have been missed?
  13. S

Alright when I have completely taken down the tank and rinsed/wiped down everything I saved the biowheels but rinsed them very well in dechlorinated water. Right now the fish are in a 10gallon however they are still dieing fairly rapidly..
  14. S

rubber couplings. Safe?

This was not provided by the manufacturer. I am currently in the process of taking the tank apart and cleaning everything.. hopefully that will solve my problem. I really can't find anything conclusive though on if this is the cause... any help would be greatly appreciated.. would really like...
  15. S

rubber couplings. Safe?

http://www.amazon.com/Premier-3-Rubber-Coupling/dp/B000DZFVYM that type of item, smaller though obviously, Anyone that has worked with those will know the smell I am talking about. that is the only thing i can think of that poisoned my tank... I have been brainstorming all night.
  16. S

rubber couplings. Safe?

It does have a bit of a rubber smell but same as the last one before.
  17. S

rubber couplings. Safe?

after a very long drama( http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2270458#post2270458 ) I have come to yet another possibility... poisoning... Has anyone used the rubber couplings from any of the home improvement stores for piping. I used one of the smaller ones to replace my...
  18. S

I finally saw one of them die, basically it was looking normal and then all of a sudden it spazed out swimming erratically toward the surface and then died(as far as I could tell/no gill movement) about 30seconds later. A MAJOR THING I NOTICED is that their eyes seem to get bloodshot.. don't...
  19. S

That is reassuring. :( I suppose it could still be stress.. I am curious how the next couple days will be. Anyone have ANY ideas.. just an explanation would be at least some form of relief for me. I guess everyone has to learn to quarantine the hard way...
  20. S

5 more dead when i got home from work from earlier.. They have zero signs of any problems... I do not get it...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store