Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

Are you in Australia? I'm not opposed to making money from pests.
  2. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

I seem to have misreplaced my manual of removal, do you have an online copy? ^_^ ok lads, I'm onto it.
  3. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

Like I said, I can't get assassin snails. The vege trick might work, but I think the BN will destroy it as it's the oldest/largest fish in the tank.
  4. Mystroe_TheMyst

These stockings good for my tanks?

Lol @ evilwizard - who gets hurt on this type of forum? Nvm. I wouldn't do a 50% twice weekly on any tank unless it had 0 filtration.
  5. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

Yeah they're under control but they're slowly taking over my tank/logs and I don't like having a row of 50 snails to look at.
  6. Mystroe_TheMyst

Anubius on driftwood - How to?

Yeah cheers, I use twist ties for my aero tubing. I don't have much rock in there. I just had some nice drift wood which I picked up from my property. I like the dark stuff on the right but it's still colouring the water yellow slightly...
  7. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

I'm not sure assassin snails are available here due to strict quarantine laws. But I'll keep fishing them out every now and again.
  8. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

fighting fire with fire, but if the assassin snails wins (i assume you mean assassin snails?) wouldn't I just be left with a bunch of unwanted snails, again?
  9. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

I feed lightly and it's not really out of control. I underfeed firstly to see how hungry they are, and when it's all gone I do another pinch. probably twice a day.
  10. Mystroe_TheMyst

Getting rid of snails

I've got these freshwater snails and there's at least 100 of them... I've got 5 yoyo loaches, not sure if they're keeping them under control, never seen them munching on a snail, but they don't seem to be growing in number, they're just consistently there. What are some other methods to get the...
  11. Mystroe_TheMyst

No worries, I'll consider this when I get to planting them. Thanks for the info gang!
  12. Mystroe_TheMyst

mystery fish

It looks like a hybrid - Probably won't know until it gets bigger. Looks like a good score from the shop though, keep it alive at all costs!
  13. Mystroe_TheMyst

Awesome thanks guys! I will give it a go with some sewing thread when I get a hold of some. Do they need to be upright or can I have them on a lean? either 45'-60' to the horizontal.... My tank light is also just a household fluro fixture which I mounted onto my hood - for $30 it's pretty sweet...
  14. Mystroe_TheMyst

180Gal brought back to life - Old Hat

Yeah it's a show tank more than anything. As for the type I have no idea, they're not sailfins, mickeymouse or ballon, so I guess you could call them the most common molly's of them all. I don't mind the growth rate at all, and I've no idea how to sex molly's as well. I've decided to leave the...
  15. Mystroe_TheMyst

Severums in a tropical type community

Wren, Cheers for that, I'm glad it works well. My mollies probably will get chomped, but I used to keep danio's as dithers and I can rely on their speed. Yeah the goldfish are loving life in there and they're not very big so I'm not heaps bothered by them being in their and I'm not setting up...
  16. Mystroe_TheMyst

WhiskeySunday - Cheers that's a good idea, I wanted to get more Barbs but the LFS were all out. I also want to get the danio's pumping. I really don't like tetra's that much tbh, but congo tetra's are pre sweet. I'm tempted to over crowd molly's as well and farming them off when they get out...
  17. Mystroe_TheMyst

I've kept plants a long time ago without much success, Currently my tank has got a dozen or so fakies. I've got some good pieces of driftwood in my tank now I want to fix anubius on them, how easy is it to do? Also my tank gets fluro light 20/24hours a day since it's in the living room and...
  18. Mystroe_TheMyst

So I've lost a few fish since last update, I've also put a few more in there....doing a 50% water change now. I'm going to be using tank water, so fresh rain water should be nicer and softer... I've found some sweet pieces of driftwood, the other fish aren't dying off so I don't think there's a...
  19. Mystroe_TheMyst

Severums in a tropical type community

Hey gang, So I've been setting up my tropical community slowly slowly, but I'm getting a bit frustrated with stocking fish and losing fish - having a hard time keeping loaches alive...they're finding gaps in rocks etc. which are causing them to get stuck. I'm wondering if I could get a few...
  20. Mystroe_TheMyst

fishorama - Yeah there's a local fishbreeder who sells them for about $3ea, so stocking will be easy, I like the thought of many BN's gives me an excuse to setup another tank :P evil wizard - no worries you're not to know, USA have access to heaps of different fish, many more than what's...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store