Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. R

Yay!/Out of my mind

penguin tetras for the win. I love how they look and they school nice and tight. They are a little sensitive and can be difficult for the novice. They also grow bigger than 2" and some may max out around 3".
  2. R

260WT Odessea vs Home Depo T8 Light???

I made the mistake of buying an odyysea. Jebo and odysea are one in the same. If you have roughly $300 there are many lights you can buy that are not made in such a crappy way like Jebo or Odysea. Stay away from those brands. What size tank are you lighting? What is your objective of your tank?
  3. R

a little confused on diy co2

First off the a seperator serves two purposes. The first purpose is to filter the co2 generated in the main bottle so you have "clean" co2 released into your fishtank. You will find that without the seperator you will get "boogers" collecting on your diffuser. The boogs dont really harm...
  4. R

diy co2, does the type of bottle matter...

Best Bottle = Gatorade gallon jug. Very sturdy, harder plastic. Add 3 cups of suger, dissolve it in 90F water, add wine yeast. Some Wine yeast can handle up to roughly 18% alcohol, the bread yeast handles much less before it dies.
  5. R

Cycle Question

Im sure your MTS produce enough waste. Just keep feeding your MTS and you will be fine.
  6. R

FS Rare snail, Melenoids Granifera (MTS cousin)

The speed of reproduction is relative to the amount of food they find. Obviously if you under feed your tank they will reproduce slower. I would say the reproduce at a medium pace.
  7. R

FS Rare snail, Melenoids Granifera (MTS cousin)

Hi all, This is my first for sale thread. I have sold many many live goods on other forums and some members here can attest to that. Well, I finally have enough of these awsome snails to redistribute back to the hobby. They are a very hard working snail that is not as shy as they regular MTS...
  8. R

SWEET GRAND OPENING KILLER DEAL

Petco went under new management about two years ago. They seem to be slowly working their way back to being respectable. It will be a long time before the aquarium community accepts them though. Finding healthy fish from them is difficult, they tend to employ people with no experience.
  9. R

How many tetras in a biocube?

As long as your tank is mature with lower nitrates(0 - 20ppm), 7 - 10 cardinals would not be a problem. Just stay on top of your water changes. If you could find tank raised cardinals your probability for success with them will be higher.
  10. R

Tetra foods - What's good and what's not?

I think golden pearls from 300 micron to 800 microns is great. Color gets fantastic. Also you cant beet freshly hatched BBS. I feed both to my yellow cons, and endlers and they LOVE them.
  11. R

FW: Liverwort growing submerged!

NEXT!!!
  12. R

Livebearer fry: more females than males?

Lower temps = more males Higher temps = more females. You will have to test this temperature variable with each species of livebearer as their tloerance for lower temps varies. You will also notice that gestation is much longer at lower temps than higher temps. As much as 25% longer.
  13. R

Stocked correctly?

Shrimp = dead = betta. +1 for the cories. Make sure they are all the same species of cories though. Get 6.
  14. R

Finally cycled!

That is gong to be one happy betta. Do you plan on giving him a few lady friends??
  15. R

will angelfish and platy get along

To be honest a 30g is small for even one angel overtime. You will be able to keep 1 to 2 angels for no more than a year before they start getting crowded. The get very tall. Before I gave my large male away that was 5yrs old his body was around 4 1/2" round, from caudal to dorsal fin he was...
  16. R

Convict's for sale

im sure you can find someone who needs them as feeders.
  17. R

Hi all. Just introducing myself

Hi, im a new here but far from aquarium noob. I am sure many of you already know me from other forums. Hi to all that I dont know and will soon meet.
  18. R

Does this stock list work?

in a 55g I would not do Discus. They require large aquariums and can get to the size of dinner plates. If you plan on upgrading your tank in the future then fine but I would just forgo the discus and do a school of 25 cardinals and a pair of dwarf cichlid like an appisto cack to keep the card...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store