Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. dingraha

Newbie 40 gal - Skimmer/Filter Question

I used an uncooked shrimp and uncured live rock to cycle my tank. I put the uncured live rock in my tank for about a week, then removed it and kind of scrubbed off all the dead stuff. I did a 25% water change and added an uncooked shrimp inside some pantyhose for about 3 days. I tested my...
  2. dingraha

I personally use Instant Ocean salt mix. (It seems to be the most popular and my lfs also recommended it). For my light, I use a 30" compact flourescent 130 watt with moon lights. The bulbs are one 12,000k and one actinic. (I just got the light this week and have not added any corals yet)...
  3. dingraha

R/O or distilled water is the best way to go. I personally don't have my own R/O unit (I purchase my water from my lfs). You def. want to stay away from regular tap water. Most tap water is high in phosphates and can cause serious diatom/algae problems in your tank. Sorry woohoo, Dan posted...
  4. dingraha

First off, welcome to AC! As long as you have a good amount of live rock and keep up on your weekly water changes, a decent protien skimmer will be plenty sufficeint.
  5. dingraha

My first 29gal Fowlr

Any updates? How did you make out?
  6. dingraha

Backgrounds?

I use solid black on my African tank and solid blue on my SW
  7. dingraha

Rainbow Pictures

Nice fish
  8. dingraha

Firefish MIA

Are there any tankmates that could have gobbled him up?
  9. dingraha

Hello! I'm new to aquariums

Welcome!
  10. dingraha

Where'd you get your dog from.....breeder or pound?

Both! I have two dogs. A chocolate lab and an staffordshire terrier (pit bull). I got my lab from a breeder as a puppy and rescued the staff. from a local animal shelter. My lab will be 2 in January and our vet estimates the staff. at about the same age. We have had the staff. for a little...
  11. dingraha

My gold nugget pleco and knight gobies

Very nice!:thm:
  12. dingraha

AC 110 Foam - How long should I keep re-using it?

:iagree: I have had mine in for two years also, I just take it out and clean it in tank water every other water change (twice a month)
  13. dingraha

Too Much light?

Thanks Riiz
  14. dingraha

Too Much light?

cool beans. Thanks for the input.
  15. dingraha

Too Much light?

was I ok with the regular 40w by the way?
  16. dingraha

Too Much light?

Thanks!
  17. dingraha

Too Much light?

thanks for the response bk. The 50/50 bulbs are 50% actintic and 50% 10,000k right? do I still need to switch bulbs?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store