Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. snoopy65

Our House Renovation Has Begun and It Will Include 2 Walls With Built In Tanks

Wow! Looking back through this thread. It is hard to believe it has been over 3 years since we started the renovations on the house. Some of it is completely finished, a little not. Some things we decided to change again.
  2. snoopy65

Boo!

Another familiar member!
  3. snoopy65

Java moss ideas?

Pretty much anything with a textured or roughened surface. So if you have something smooth, just use a scotchbrite pad to roughen it. I usually tie it with dark green or black thread and by the time the thread dissolves into nothing the moss is well attached.
  4. snoopy65

Cooling a tank

freeze bottles of water and float one in the tank or make ice cubes of treated water and float one or two in the tank. However many you need to lower the temp to their comfort zone.
  5. snoopy65

New Batch of Babies

Well my marble convict female and one of her sons have done the deed. They are too small to tell if any of the fry have momma's marble coloring. I guess time will tell.
  6. snoopy65

WTB Looking for Dario Dario"Scarlet Badis"!

msjinkzd.com I believe she has them in stock
  7. snoopy65

Year-round pond in PA?

Hope this helps
  8. snoopy65

No clue how to go about this tank upgrade.

Understand it is not the water or really even the tank (although the walls of the tank to hold some bacteria) that gets and keeps a cycle. It is the filter and substrate/ decor that has all the good stuff. If you transfer those to the new tank......it is instantly cycled. The only thing you...
  9. snoopy65

Transferring the water is not necessary as water does not hold the bacteria...just the filters and substrate.
  10. snoopy65

Your filter and the surfaces in your 55 is what holds the good bacteria.....keep the substrate wet and transfer it to the 140 and transfer your filter......do water changes of 10% daily for about 2 weeks. Your new tank will be completely cycled.
  11. snoopy65

Can play sand be used?

I have play sand in my frontosa tank and they do just fine. The rinsing is very important though. I remember when I did mine. I put the end of my python in a 5 gallon bucket and poured the play sand around it. Turned the water on to the python on low and left it.........for 10 hours with taking...
  12. snoopy65

Can pythons be used below the sink level?

I use mine on a tank below sink level, but you either have to keep the water running to keep the siphon going or do as I do and remove the end from the sink once the siphon has started and put the end out of the door to water my flower bed. The only way the siphon will stay on it's own is for...
  13. snoopy65

okay seriously need help :(

nerites snails do not eat bba. amano shrimp do. You need a consistent lighting schedule
  14. snoopy65

What kind of fish are these?

Black bar endler livebearers and it is important to try and get them from a pure line
  15. snoopy65

Mystery snail out of water?

Well, the riding around last month........was a male riding your female.....and yes he was performing snoro. Now to your current issue. Which by the way may very well have something to do with the snoro you witnessed. Mystery snails have a "lung" and can and do leave the water for short periods...
  16. snoopy65

Getting Rid of the Ich

minimum 2 weeks treatment AFTER you see the last white "salt".
  17. snoopy65

Dying Harleys :( Have no idea why!

Contact your city water to see if they have changed anything they add to your water. Chloramines is something most declors do not address. a good point about the silicone. Also have you added any new decorations? wood? artificial plants, "houses", etc?
  18. snoopy65

Dying Harleys :( Have no idea why!

Are you on city water or a well? Do you use a declorinator when you change water?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store