Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. C

Barbs, Guppys and Pandas?

As much as I wish I could get pictures uploaded for you's to see, I have troubles uploading to this site. I used to get someone to load them up from her pc for me, but I've not seen her around lately.... Short of tossing them back into a bag and bringing them to my LFS, I really feel that I...
  2. C

They aren't tiger barbs - I've determined that already. There are three of them, and they are all different. The one is bright orange/reddish with slight black markings, the second is golden/silvery with one dot towards the back end, and the third is a brownish colour with one stripe running the...
  3. C

This lady had tried to have the store take them - However, they refused to accept them. Not sure if the store I buy fish from would take them, seeing as that is their specialty.... I'm beginning to really like these guys so I'd keep them if possible.... Guess I'll have a look at the link you...
  4. C

Good day greetings to all here at AC - Once again, I find myself reaching out for some assistance, and immediately came to this web site for help.... I'm in a little dilemna here with some fishies, and was hoping someone could help. I went and got myself 6 Panda Corys, and 4 German Blue...
  5. C

Columnaris or Fungus?

WATER CHANGES! Good luck!
  6. C

Female Bettas- Unknown Disease, Please Help Me :(

Halfmoon - You mentioned Ontario time! Where abouts are you? And where did you get your fish? I'm in Toronto and just recently went thru a major fiasco with several different kinds of fish? Wonder if something's up over here? One never knows these days.... I am glad to hear however that...
  7. C

My betta got a serious something overnight.

I'm with Mel on that one - Basically what I just had to do.... Start all over again! From what felt like,"Extra" scratch, and 'sniff', to make sure the BLEACH was really ALL gone.... Good luck with your remaining, and/or new one(s) to come...
  8. C

So sorry for your loss - I also use the API liquid test kit! Most accurate, thus far....
  9. C

I'm amazed at how quickly you mention this came out! It's almost like my "freak-out" fish mess... And I was adamant on my w/c's also. All was clean and clear, and I'd had my fishes for over a year as well... Hope this little fellow can pull up for you - He looks like he's beautiful under...
  10. C

From Meds to none - NOW WHAT?

Well so far, so good... "Touch wood"! I did things a little different than what I'd originally planned, and right now, things are seeming to remain at bay - Not sure for how long, or if things will finally be ok, but if all else fails, I'll go back to the original first plan.... As it...
  11. C

ok - Thanks Mel! Just gave me an idea... He's fascinated with barrells and so after your cleaning suggestion, he can have his usual tank barrells.... I will make TRIPLE sure, there is no trace bleach left on them.... Will let you know how things all go tomorrow - Doc apt at 1100hrs, so want...
  12. C

WOW! Gonna make me "poop" my pants going on like that! Think I'll bring a water sample in to Big Al's and see what they come up with - I can actually BUY water there if necessary, so there are some options, right! I am tired, and I just want to save his life - All of their lives! And I'll do...
  13. C

Sorry Mel - PH's levels have been reaching up to 7.8! Not usually that high for my tanks....
  14. C

I was sort of thinking the same thing regarding the sanitizing of the 20g, and I sure can't do it with him in there - Not if I want to completely strip it down..... As much as it sounds like ALOT of work, HE IS worth it to me - Some would say "I'm crazy" for doing it, but I can't just let him...
  15. C

Hi Mel - Yes they are still with me.... Cat not looking good again - White stuff starting at bottom of his tail, mid-fins, and bum-fin.... Where do I go now? I've been w/c-ing like crazy! Extra Prime! Water params continue to be around the same as above with both tanks.... I'm surprised at the...
  16. C

Hey Mel - I did add some extra Prime after getting my readings - I will do another round of W/C's tomorrow as well.... I wasn't happy with the AM levels either.... Guess things are trying to re-adjust themselves in both tanks since re-inserting the carbons into the filters.... I'm hoping...
  17. C

OK - Here's what's doing.... 20g PH - 7.8 AM - Between 0/0.25ppm N2 - 0 N3 - Between 0/5.0 10G PH - 7.5 AM - Between .25/.50 N2 - 0 N3 - Between 0/5.0 Cat's all alone.... Looking lonely Not sure how's his underside is looking tonight, but I'll check first thing in AM. Same with the...
  18. C

Thank you, Snoopy! As hard as that was, I do feel a little better for him.... At least he's not suffering anymore - My heart's all broke over that tiny little fellow, but at least, it's broke for the last time! Not over and over and over and over, like it's been for the last 4-6 wks - I can't...
  19. C

I hate this part - He seems so fragile, and yet he keeps swimming away from me.... Thanks for offering your method of euthanization - That's pretty much the way I do it, as much as I hate too.... Guess it's now or never, and then another water change - Will check all params after to see how...
  20. C

Please do not blame yourself for any of this - YOU did so much for me.... I can't stand to see him in the condition he's in, and I don't think it's fair to make him go on anymore with trying something else - I have to let him go.... I have clove oil, as well as Vodka for the final step.... I...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store