Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. SunshinePuppies

Shark help

They need a very large tank very quickly. At least a 300 gallon. They may not be as active as other fish but they are still very large. I have a friend who hatched one in a 55 gallon and it's now in a 300 gallon.
  2. SunshinePuppies

FS **CRESTED GECKOS** Juveniles and Adults - Harrisburg, PA - Pickup or Shipping

I love geckos. Won't have any money till next week though. :(
  3. SunshinePuppies

FREE FREE - Puppies - GA/FL - Pick-up only

If only I lived near you. I only have 3 dogs, and have room for another!
  4. SunshinePuppies

This is important for all aspects of pet keeping!

Please watch this video and sign the petition. If they take one species of animal from us, they'll be taking away everything before long. Fish and inverts aren't even safe. Personally I don't think they should be able to take our rights to have ANY pet away. I know several people who have big...
  5. SunshinePuppies

Looking into getting an octopus-how to keep it in the tank?

That's true. Maybe we'll do that if we can't find an appropriate lid. I think I found one though. We are not going to be getting one that is endangered or that will stress any populations.
  6. SunshinePuppies

ewww. I would probably be the one grossed out. The kids'd probably be holding it and plunking it in my tank!
  7. SunshinePuppies

I did know that they don't live very long. I never really wanted an octopus. It's my family who does. I am happy with my saltwater aquarium that I already have. I even have baby clownfish that my pair decided to have. :) I also have a pair of captive bred Bangaii cardinals that are tending eggs...
  8. SunshinePuppies

I was told by a store that keeps octopus that it's best to have a large container covered in fishnet sank into a larger tank, and then you don't need to have another heater or filter right in with the octopus. :) I called a store on the east coast I think.
  9. SunshinePuppies

Thanks! That'll be very helpful, I'm sure! :)
  10. SunshinePuppies

Damsel Dies and Comes Back to Life?

I have a 4 year old clown fish that has done that every night since I got it, minus the color change. I've never understood it. All my other fish act perfectly normal!
  11. SunshinePuppies

We're going to be getting a dwarf octopus in a few months, and I was wondering what kind of top would keep it in it's tank? I want to make sure that it can't get out, but that the octopus will still get the filtration and the lighting it needs. I've been researching their needs for a while so...
  12. SunshinePuppies

Question from my mother about her oscar and Jack.

yeah, I know they can get big. I told her what you all said about the bigger tank being better. We'll see what she decides.
  13. SunshinePuppies

someone told her it's safe to put 2 oscars in a tank that size, so that's why she wanted to put her oscar and my baby jack together
  14. SunshinePuppies

her tank is a 55 gallon. I gave her one of my JAck babies because she loved it.
  15. SunshinePuppies

Is it safe to put them in the same tank, or not safe?
  16. SunshinePuppies

jack dempseys-normal or not?

I don't have a way to get pics off my camera, but each has red bars in their fins or red outlines and have a yellow tint on the fins. these are babies from my pair-they are the only fish type in the tank. they're really pretty, but I've never seen pics of any like this. they really do look...
  17. SunshinePuppies

jack dempseys-normal or not?

I have Jack Dempseys and some have red colored striped from it's tail to it's head and yellow and blue fins with pretty red speckles. several of them looked like they had that. Is that normal or is it unusual? And is it possible for an mbuna to cross with a convict? I think I have babies from...
  18. SunshinePuppies

Freshwater Clams??

we have freshwater clams in our local river that are 6 to 9 inches. they can get alot bigger than one inch. I know because when I was younger I used to catch clams from the river then turn them loose. my mother has 2 in her pond.
  19. SunshinePuppies

having a problem that seems to be fin and tail rot but....

there is a cottony growth on the bottom fin of one of my angelfish that is a perfect round shape. I have treated with furan 2 for the septicemia that was in the tank first but that didn't help the torn up fins. If this other problem was indeed the fin and tail rot wouldn't that have helped it...
  20. SunshinePuppies

what to use as a water conditioner?

we were using it to help combat ammonia. The company said it would help with detoxifying it and that with a water change and removing the gunk from the gravel bed it should help. It's always worked before but with this bottle we have now, it's just not. could be a bad bottle I suppose.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store