Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. coach_z

Does anybody know how much electricity a two output air filter pump costs?

yea it doesn't cost very much at all. You can always tell her to use some of the hot air she has and blow it into the airline....Your results might be surprising.
  2. coach_z

Help with ideas for stocking daughters 10 gallon

that is basically what I was going to say. You can also get some obnoxious pink/neon decorations as well. I am sure she would love those.
  3. coach_z

reducing phosphates

You really don't want to start limiting or removing your ferts. Your BBA is not linked to phosphate. Your BBA is coming from too little co2 for the amount of light you have and the fluctuations in co2 that are happening in your tank.
  4. coach_z

reducing phosphates

Phosphate and BBA...that is surprising. What sources are saying that BBA is linked to phosphates? I dose 1/8tsp of phosphates into my 30 gallon tank 3 times a week and am BBA free. EI dosing says i should be closer to 1/16tsp 3x a week but i am simply too lazy to measure 1/16tsp since i only...
  5. coach_z

reducing phosphates

what negative effects are you seeing from your high phosphates that are making you think that you need lower phosphate levels? ((In anticipation of your answer, and the fact that I don't always check this board too often I am going to go out on a limb and say. "Your phosphates are fine. Higher...
  6. coach_z

Discus issues!!

The running into things and spreading makes it sound like ich but pictures (even bad ones) are worth a ton in these situations. Keep up with the daily water changes until then.
  7. coach_z

never see my shrimp ?

Sometimes finding these things can be difficult. Usually I just assume that all of my ottos and corys are alive and that they are just hiding behind some plants.
  8. coach_z

WTB WTB : RED TIGER LOTUS shipped to 85323

http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/ ^^Got mine there. Edit: ^^Get all my plants there.
  9. coach_z

FS Aquarium Filtration PU/Ship 19401

Any of those ideal for a 10G? Wife needs a new filter. Could i search for the answer? Yes....but this is also a free bump!
  10. coach_z

Tired of buckets!

I recall a few threads that discuss this very question and there are a million different ways to put the water into your tank. Long story short, put the prime in within 5 minutes of starting to fill that sucker up. Your fish will be fine. You will be fine.
  11. coach_z

My Ghost shrimp are pregnant ! What to do next ?

you don't really need to do much for shrimp to reproduce or for baby shrimp to reproduce. Provide them with food and they will grow up. You most likely didnt even need to quarantine them all to their own jars. A few might become snacks in the tank but you will be amazed how quickly they can...
  12. coach_z

Finally realized a dream...

Nice fish...where is the golf ball?
  13. coach_z

Silver balls appearing on wood in fresh water tank (2 years running)

It looks like your BGA is pearling....I have no idea what it could be, but I would be more concerned with getting rid of that bacteria (or algae).
  14. coach_z

ADA store in NJ

Cool info! I'll have to swing by there one day.
  15. coach_z

WTB Looking for a Burkert 6011 or 2822 solenoid (anyone buy an extra on Ebay)?

I think i have a fabco unit laying around with cable. Might have a plug for it but you would need to wire yourself. 37 shipped PM for paypal if interested.
  16. coach_z

Purple Fuzz

Last resort....you might be able to kill off all the algae with 2tbs per gallon of hydrogen peroxide with the filters off bit still high flow from a power head. Leave it for 10-15 minutes then do a 50%water change. Want to get risky up it to 3 or 4 TBS per gallon. Sent from my DROIDX using...
  17. coach_z

Purple Fuzz

dying BGA looks purple, so does dying BBA....but that stuff doesnt die unless you are trying to kill it. more info about your tank/lights/co2/dosing etc and some pictures please.
  18. coach_z

UV Sterilizer-Would it help?

I personally see no use for them. I guess they can kill certain things that can flow through them but they never fix the underlying reason for bacteria or algae etc. Water changes, fertilization, co2, lighting, quarantine, hospital tanks and general maintenance are all extremely important in...
  19. coach_z

Canisetr check valve to slow the flow, harmful?

You don't want to limit the flow of a canister too much. It will burn up the motor head. I was reading a great article about this the other day but unfortunately I cannot remember where it was.
  20. coach_z

which T5HO for planted tank

6 bulbs???? I believe that would be about 2x more light than necessary to reach very high light rating for the tank.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store