Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Twistersmom

HELP!! Sick dragon gobies!

I don't have much experience, as far as treating for disease, so can't help with that. I have one Dragon Gobie. He was also in fresh water when I bought him. I put him in a bucket, and acclimated him to my brackish water. I thought the change in water would be a little stressful for him at...
  2. Twistersmom

Mudskipper/Tank pics

Congrats on the new skippers! Your tank looks great!
  3. Twistersmom

Finally getting my Mudskippers!!!!

Hello and congrats on getting skippers! I have 6 Indian skippers that I ordered from Frank. Received them on 7/7/09. He placed each mudskipper in it's own littles bag, full of air, with a little water and a piece of Styrofoam for them to lay on. According to my Instant Ocean hydrometer, the...
  4. Twistersmom

Just found one of my mudskippers on my kitchen floor

How is the skipper doing? Hope he/she is alright. One of mine ran up my arm the other day, while doing tank maintenance. My dog was in the room with me. He would have made a quick snack of it, so it shook me up a bit.
  5. Twistersmom

Where do your knight gobies hang out?

Look like I am going to have to start buying a lot more crickets! :)
  6. Twistersmom

Where do your knight gobies hang out?

I have had my knight gobies for close to a year now. They use to always hang out at the bottom near the caves and rock work. For some reason, just lately, all 5 have started hanging out at the top in the fake floating plants. Water quality is great, have not seen any of the other fish picking on...
  7. Twistersmom

Is anyone familiar with the Rhinohorn goby?

This place sells them. http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/cat/infoL3/24189/category.web I think they are cute looking fish. I placed an order from there a while back and thought about adding rhinohorns to my order, but decided against it, when I could find little info on their care. They list...
  8. Twistersmom

Alternative food for a Dragon Goby

Mine also gets snail jello. Another good idea, is use an eye dropper to squirt a few bloodworms or shrimp down to the area the dragon goby hangs out, that way they are not spread all over the tank. Dragon gobies do need veggie type foods in there diet, so the jello or some algae wafers would be...
  9. Twistersmom

mudskipper genral help.

I have 6 Indian mudskippers in a 29 gal. Mine are on a diet of mostly bloodworms and blackworms. I have read that crickets can be hard on their digestive system, so I have not tried them. 6 would probably work in a 20 long. Mine do a little flaring if another gets to close, but for the most part...
  10. Twistersmom

What's going on with my knight goby?

It does look like a bacterial infection. My guess would also be, that it is contagious. Keep a close eye on all the fish. You may want to try Maracyn and maracyn-Two used together for treatment. Unfortunately, I am also have the same thing in my 65 gal right now. I believe it to be a columnaris...
  11. Twistersmom

Swollen goldfish question.

My goldfish died today. He did not eat yesterday and when I woke up this morning he was laying on the bottom near death. His fins where all torn, apparently the other goldfish was picking at him. Went to the store for a container, so the goldfish could die in peace, but he was dead dead when I...
  12. Twistersmom

Stupid ?#$#$@ fish store, I really want my chromies :(

Ask the store what live guarantee they have. You should QT the new fish anyways, so maybe you can give them a better life. I know it not a great idea to support a store that sells unhealthy fish, but it may be your only affordable choice. Not sure if the chromides the store had where young, but...
  13. Twistersmom

Thanks for the replies and for moving my thread lupin. To be honest, I have not named any of my fish. I need to get busy naming. He definitely deserves a name. I am not at all bothered by his funny appearance. I will keep a close eye on him, and hope that the tumor does not start making his...
  14. Twistersmom

Thank you for the kind words!
  15. Twistersmom

I have had him for a couple years. Hes around 5-6 inches, not including the tail. I gave him some peas tonight, still has an appetite. Hope you are right and he pulls through.
  16. Twistersmom

No signs of dropsy yet. Thanks for the replies. Did a water change today. All I know to do, is keep the water clean and hope for improvement.
  17. Twistersmom

His swelling does not look any better today. Caught him resting at the bottom of the tank a few times today. That makes me a little nervous, but when he wants to swim, he gets around fine. Some pictures I took today. Load warning, had trouble deciding what pictures to use. Full tank shot at...
  18. Twistersmom

The swelling is more localized, starts right after the gill and ends about a marble Length back, almost circle shaped. I thought he was a boy, he used to have very distinct white spots on his gills, but now I do not see them, not sure what that would mean. The goldfish is still acting...
  19. Twistersmom

I have two fantail goldfish and 3 dojo loaches in the 36 gal. It is a corner aquarium and to me does not appear over crowded. The reason for the second filter, was because I got a good deal on a used Eheim canister filter, that is way oversized for the tank. I turned the spray bar toward the...
  20. Twistersmom

I did not post this in disease, because I am not sure if there is reason for concern. I recently added a second filter (over sized) to my 36 gal goldfish tank and have been watching closely, to make sure that they are not bothered by the current. Anyway, the current did not seem to bother them...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store