Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. kreesdqban

Want to Buy | Cherry Red Shrimp | $1 | Miami, FL | Shipping Only

What type of listing is this?: Want to Buy What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: Cherry Red Shrimp What are your prices?: 1 Where are you located?: Miami, FL Pickup or Able to Ship?: Shipping Only Description: Looking for RCS ship to Miami Shipping method: Acknowledgement: I have read and...
  2. kreesdqban

Unusually large number of white spots?

Is QuIck Cure safe on plants? I don't want to do salt in my tank because it is planted and I don't want to hurt the plants.
  3. kreesdqban

Plants slowly dying with LED hood.

What are the specs on your bulbs? And is there a difference between API's formula and Seachem's Flourish Excel?
  4. kreesdqban

I'm going to set it back up again

I was shopping around for some and found 5600K bulbs as well as 5600K Full Spectrum bulbs. Is there a difference? Which would you recommend?
  5. kreesdqban

maintenance question on a heavily planted tank

Good info. I just got some EcoComplete and it seems like the fish waste just sits on top of the gravel and I feel like its not sanitary for my cory and khuli loach who always swim in it. I'll have to try that stirring up technique. Don't mean to thread jack, but on the topic of stirring up...
  6. kreesdqban

I'm going to set it back up again

I don't think you've mentioned this, sorry if you have, but what temp are your CFL's?
  7. kreesdqban

Plants slowly dying with LED hood.

I recently checked out Dr. Foster and Smith and found that they had different plant-specific LED systems that used RGB LED's alongside some 10,000K LEDs. Maybe you want to find a light that combines these elements for growing plants.
  8. kreesdqban

Best Substrate?

So with top soil I'm assuming you do not siphon the gravel when doing water changes?
  9. kreesdqban

Ten Gallon Only

Very nice tanks! Hope to contribute soon
  10. kreesdqban

My new planted tank!

Beautiful tank!
  11. kreesdqban

Angelfish in dire need!

Yes I've kept adding salt daily as long I see that the fish do not seemed stressed out by it. He sees to be getting better, but I hope it hurries up. I've been treating with high heat and salt for over a week now. Will this become stressful for the fish the longer it takes?
  12. kreesdqban

Angelfish in dire need!

Well all my fish seem to have made a full recovery from the Ich except my Pleco. The amount of white spots on his body does not seem to be going down. I still have the temp up and the salt content high. Why is the pleco the only one still affected?
  13. kreesdqban

Angelfish in dire need!

Just different antibiotics i guess. Maracyn 1 is the only one (of the Maracyns) that I see that treats gram-positive bacteria. I think I'll go ahead and try a gram-negative formula first, since I really don't have $30 to buy both 1 & 2 right now... Thanks to everybody for the help! My fish...
  14. kreesdqban

Angelfish in dire need!

Maracyn Plus...?
  15. kreesdqban

Angelfish in dire need!

yessir, might add a little more actually, since I haven't quite reached my target .1% (1 tsp/ gallon) Also, how about Maracyn Plus? Any experiences with it?
  16. kreesdqban

Angelfish in dire need!

Yeah I added some fish within the past week which is definitely where the diseases came from. No I do not QT, I only have one tank... I plan on doing a 50% PWC tomorrow and vac the gravel to pick up any Ich that has fallen off...
  17. kreesdqban

Angelfish in dire need!

A couple days ago I noticed some white spots on some of my fish and immediately started treating for ich (salt/high temp). The worst of my fish was my Angelfish who has Ich spots all over his body. I also notice that his fins had begun to melt away and now he has white cottony tufts (maybe...
  18. kreesdqban

Is salt needed to fight Ick?

Would adding salt be ok for planted tanks?
  19. kreesdqban

Pleco Problem

Yeah I acclimate slowly. Putting the bag in the water to get the right temp, for about 20 min. Then I add small amounts of water to the bag in 10-12 min increments until the bag fills. Then I empty 3/4 of the bag out and repeat... Sound right?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store