Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. T

Clown Loaches not eating

I also saw Kylie the other day for a few seconds and she seems a lot more slim.(the front of her belly up near her gills was FULL prior to this happening... so full you could see it when she turned sideways) 2 days ago I saw a lot of shed skin (transparent fish looking pieces floating around...
  2. T

Clown Loaches not eating

No ich. Dealt with that before and know what to look for. So, the bigger / older fish (who is definitely in charge after the territorial scuffle I watched) that was happy and swimming around is sad because the new fish feels lonely? I have a 120g I bought a couple of months ago. Filled it up...
  3. T

Suggestions for tanks / livestock

Actually, it's about 35 inches on both sides of the post.
  4. T

Thanks for the replies. The stand is 23" between the top of the bottom rail and bottom of the top rail. I have about 30 inches on both sides of the jack post in the center.
  5. T

Clown Loaches not eating

Hi, I have 2 clown loaches that are refusing food for an entire week. I don't know what to do / what the problem is. I have a 55g tank with 2 clown loaches in it. 3 decent pieces of mopani driftwood and no plants (tried some Val's and Kylie absolutely ripped it to pieces for some odd reason)...
  6. T

Hi there. It has been quite some time since I have been on this forum and I figured this would be the best place to get suggestions for the space I have to work with. I have just setup my dream tank after all these years and while it is in the process of cycling, I figured I would begin...
  7. T

How long to build up Ammonia?

Technically I guess they could survive a while...but it's not a great idea The tank is big enough and their bio-load is small enough they should be ok for a while I doubt it will ever actually cycle with a bio-load that small What's the reason you need to keep them in an un-cycled tank?
  8. T

Guppy with Red Blotch on its side?

So today I checked the guppy and the red blotch is completely gone :eek3: I added a dose of melafix before lights out and today there is no visible marking at all She's eating normally and not hiding anywhere...I don't get it But I'll take it :headbang2:
  9. T

Guppy with Red Blotch on its side?

Hi there, Today I was cleaning my tanks as per the schedule and I noticed one of my female guppies seems to have some sort of Red looking bump / blotch on her right side I've never seen anything like it so I'm not sure what it could be...maybe a tumor or something is the only thing that really...
  10. T

Amazon River Disaster & Global Warming Facts

Without reading the 12 pages (and counting) I want to say thank you for that article...it's worrisome There is honestly no point in complaining about any of this honestly...nothing will EVER change Don't bother holding your breath waiting for change...waiting for humans to wake up and smell...
  11. T

oh my what a tank

Nice save LOL @ Clown Puke Gravel Well put hahaha
  12. T

My Clown Loaches

Nice healthy clowns I'm super jealous now -_- does the oscar ever pick on them? how long have you had the clowns?
  13. T

Pics of Velvet Disease

So far as I can see...the consensus on how a fish gets infected with columnaris boil down to 2 points Dirty water / substrate usually coupled with some type of injury gives columnaris a perfect foothold Judging by the fact everything else looks fine at the moment I would say he got picked on...
  14. T

Read a cool article, thought I'd share

Not sure if anyone (or everyone) has seen this But I thought I'd share it Some low-tech ideas for hobbyists on a budget Explanations galore and a nice little rant to end it all http://www.malloftheworld.com/aquarium/part1.htm
  15. T

Pics of Velvet Disease

Clean water is always a good idea...even though your water is quite clean Gonna need a list of fish in your tank before anything can be recommended I wonder if it's columnaris? do a google image search for columnaris and see if it resembles what you are seeing If you don't see any dusty spots...
  16. T

My First Fish Death

A lot of people swear by UV sterilizers...swear their tanks never get diseased ever etc I would say they are worth their weight in gold The only way you can really narrow down what happened unfortunately (I have never ever done this...but sometimes it is very beneficial to learn and find the...
  17. T

My First Fish Death

I'm gonna guess the red belly has something to do with it Could be swim bladder issue if you found him belly up...internal bacterial infection...internal parasite...maybe even constipation It's honestly really hard to guess without seeing the fish's behaviour Usually problems like this give you...
  18. T

My First Fish Death

Belly seems a little more red than usual Hard to tell what could have caused it honestly... Did you notice any change in behaviour or anything prior to him dying? Edit: Any odd swimming prior to? Any salt in the tank? Sorry for your loss...cories are awesome fish
  19. T

Pics of Velvet Disease

Velvet you should see anywhere from Yellow to greyish looking spots on the fish (when my guppies had it only really showed on their fins unless it was very far advanced...one guppy's skin was sort of shredded and looked like it was peeling off...and he actually pulled through too) Used...
  20. T

Nitrate problem

If it is the UGF...lift it VERY VERY slowly There will most likely be an ungodly amount of mulm under the plates and you don't want to kick that up into the water column too much If you do end up switching to a HOB filter...just stick some filter floss over the intake while you remove the plates...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store