Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Reframer

opinion on Rainforest Farm International

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I wanted to share my experience. I ordered 2 discus from him despite warnings from folks on Simply Discus. He said he would have no problem shipping in the middle of winter, but it took about 2 months from the time I paid to the time my fish arrived. The...
  2. Reframer

Feeding Discus

A quick update: The bigger one now does the shimmy a lot (even when there is no food) to the younger one who just seems to ignore it. The younger one now is back to eating only BW and brine shrimp. I will be getting a package of kusuri wormer plus (flubendazole) tomorrow so I thought I would...
  3. Reframer

Feeding Discus

Well, I took the plunge and got a couple discus about a month ago. I have 2 more coming on Friday and there will be the four of them with a pair of pearl gourami and some nerites in my 80g. I have a Bambini Rossi (like a red melon I guess, he's in my avatar) that's 5.5" and a RSG that's 4.5"...
  4. Reframer

mystery disease again...

Well, everyone is doing much better now:clap: I did not lose any more fish and sx are now gone. The last few fish that died were white and grey. When I observed a gold colored fish showing signs of illness, I noticed what looked like grey dust and very tiny dots (smaller than ich). I blacked...
  5. Reframer

mystery disease again...

My tank is crashing fast. The first fish was sick about 2 months ago and since then I've lost about 7 more. Right now all I have left in my 75 is a pair of pearl gourami and a few platies. I've been really frustrated because I can't figure out what this is. This week I've done several...
  6. Reframer

Otos wont eat, lost 2 already.

I have never been able to keep otos. I really believe in my case it was because my tank ph is 8.4. The only thing they would ever eat besides diatom is snail jello, they loved that stuff for some reason. There are recipes on this site somewhere. The pink on the underside is a common symptom...
  7. Reframer

oh boy what have i done!!!! new tank and stocking help!!

...or maybe you could go to Petsmart and ask a cute girl is she could help you out with it :)I'd probably throw some platies in there.
  8. Reframer

Stupid betta :*(

IME salt tends to make damaged fins worse. Especially beware if you already have a water softener adding sodium to the water. I think the best help would be to do daily small water changes.
  9. Reframer

meeting people from a fish store

You better hurry up, cute girls who like fish are not easy to find and I'm sure if you don't make a move there are others who will. It's obvious she already knows you like her and she is probably getting pissed off or confused that you are not making a move. Just don't be all psycho and go...
  10. Reframer

Where can I get beach or river sand?

Having a hard time finding a brand that sells beach or river sand. I don't want crushed coral, silica, or quarry (play) sand. I heard there was a brand and I can't remember the name but I think it had 'South' in it.
  11. Reframer

Violet needs help

nitrates at 40 is a little high IMO, especially for a stressed fish. Try to get it down if you can. You can dip the blood worms in garlic juice to make it more appealing, it will also help with any possible parasites.
  12. Reframer

Garlic food recipe?

I'm pretty sure you just crush a clove of garlic and use the fresh juice to mix in with the food.
  13. Reframer

Oranda with chronic bloating

yeah, I have done that and it helps somewhat. as soon as he has flakes again it comes right back so as to lead me to think it is the flakes. What else do people feed fancies beside frozen food? I don't think I've got the guts to grow my own live food.
  14. Reframer

Oranda with chronic bloating

My beautiful calico oranda had been floating upside down for awhile. I tried different flake and pellet foods and this continued and worsened with every feeding. I started feeding frozen food exclusively and now he is totally fine. Anytime I feed flake (even good quality like Omega One), he...
  15. Reframer

Getting soooooo frustrated with Briggs!!

I have similar problems, I just did a 50% water change the other day and lost my last Briggs. They are more sensitive IMO. I have had the same nerites for 2 years or so and they are thriving, just the Briggs are problems. Is your water softened with NA or K? Also make sure your water is...
  16. Reframer

identify my new goldfish

When it comes to any fish with long and flowing fins, I prefer to have 2 medium size filters on oppostie ends instead of a really large one. Reason being that fins can get damaged and scarred with too great water flow.
  17. Reframer

Most irritating kid's shows

Gotta say I can't stand Dino Dan. I love dinosaurs and most dino shows are great but this one is so wrong in so many ways. First, Dan hallucinates dinosaurs and isolates himself with his hallucinations instead of playing with other kids (probably a budding schizophrenic). Second, the acting is...
  18. Reframer

Any Meterology geeks around? Thunderclap question

IDK, but it wasn't until this last (horrible) winter that I learned about "thunder snow" which is when you have a horrible blizzard and thunder. Didn't think that was possible until I heard it myself and on the news.
  19. Reframer

Regarding nerite snails

Is there enough algae in the tank for them to eat, if not then you might want to keep the lights on a bit longer and that will encourage the algae to grow. Most seem to have this slight erosion at the tip of their shell. Sometimes they lay eggs on each other too which looks like a sesame seed...
  20. Reframer

identifing my fish

I'm going with cichlid hybrid (without seeing the pic).
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store