Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. L

Tiger Barb Breeding

Yes I have the API kit, would water quality be the only problem that would cause my barbs to be shy and not eat? I had floating plants and a cave for them to hide in.
  2. L

Tiger Barb Breeding

The water should be perfect, as its been running for months with a few guppies, changing 40% of the water weekly, and when I swapped out the guppies for the barbs, I started changing 25% of the water daily
  3. L

Tiger Barb Breeding

Attempting to spawn my tiger barbs again, its been almost 6 months since I did it last time, I have 10 tiger barbs, 4 female and 6 males, so I removed 4 females from my 40 gallon tank and put them in an established 10 gallon tank, they have been in the 10 gallon for 7 days now and they barely...
  4. L

Pictures of my freshwater setups.

what is your substrate in your breeder tank?
  5. L

How to trim plants?

trial and error for alot of it, try one way with some try another with some others and find out whatever works best, your said you were over grown, so if something goes wrong one way then you will still have others....
  6. L

Fish ID Game!!

Awesome, I am stoked now to give it a try, I have read it can be tricky to raise the fry though
  7. L

Fish ID Game!!

Has anyone here bred the pearl before?
  8. L

Fish ID Game!!

My male doesn't have fins anything like your picture in the link though, they both have very similar fins its just the color thats really different between the two. Thanks for all the help everyone,
  9. L

Fish ID Game!!

Hey wow thanks for the awesome responses, I knew about the siccortails, as I owned those already, all the other fish I am just holding for a friend, but just wanted to learn a little about them while I had them. Can the red tails be bred fairly easily? compared to say zebra danios or something...
  10. L

Fish ID Game!!

Help identify these fish! There are 4 types in the following pictures: 1) some type of tetra (I thought it may be a bloodfin, but I dont htink there is enough red in the fins) 2) resembles a pencil fish, they mostly stay near the bottom 3) type of gourami 4) also a gourami but...
  11. L

Semi aggresive fish for schooling?

Try rearranging the tank decor, that might make them school again for a short while until they get used to the new setup....but who knows your fish may be to smart to fall for that...
  12. L

Finding Nemo

I could get some pics yes, but he is only roughly a 1/2 inch little fry still, his growth may be slightly stunted due to living in a canister filter compartment for a month... been meaning to get some tank shots up actually...good idea
  13. L

Finding Nemo

Survival story I have a growout tank for some of my cichlid fry, and I had a mother yellow lab cichlid spit 12 fry into the tank. That was over a month ago...today I was doing my filter maintenance on my Fluval 305 on the growout tank and to my surprise I found a 13th yellow lab fry living in...
  14. L

Pics of new 180 tank

Looking good man
  15. L

Driftwood and Tanins

apparently boiling water will leech the tannis out faster...
  16. L

Low Tech 55 Gallon

I want to add a Marineland Maxi-Jet Pro, but what size should I add? they are on sale this week for a great price.
  17. L

Low Tech 55 Gallon

Seriously looking into converting my 55 gallon african cichlid tank into a planted tank with a large school of tiger barbs or silver tipped tetra's. Plants would be: anubias, flame moss, java fern, vals (if I can), micro chain sword (I think, if not something similar) Searching for a large...
  18. L

Red Eyed Tetras

yeah my tiger barbs go into a wild feeding frenzy when I feed them too, very active little guys
  19. L

My 55 gallon planted tank build

So one can actually have too many plants in a tank as their is not enough CO2? Can you compensate by having more fish, which would then lead to heavier filtration?
  20. L

My 55 Gallon Journal

I read that you are going to do something to make the inlet and outlet tubes less noticeable or intrusive in your tank....how are you going to accomplish that?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store