Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. G

FS SW: Chaeto macro algae - Shipping only

I really dislike that you can't edit your posts.. anyways, in response to a question I received I am selling the balls individually not as a group. I was told my price was "insane" but to sell it for anything less is not worth my time to package it and go to the post office not to mention taking...
  2. G

FS SW: Chaeto macro algae - Shipping only

I have about 5 golf ball size lots of chaeto for sale that is growing in my refugium which also has copepods so likely you'll receive some pods as well. It grows super fast under the proper conditions and helps reduce waste in your water as well as giving small critters a place to hide out. As...
  3. G

Buying Frags/bubble tip

Looking to trade for or buying small frags, or a small bubble tip. Frag wise I would love to get a small leather, or candycane, frogspawn or ricordia.. Bubble tip I would like a green, but small, ie. if you have one that just split or something.. I've got stomatellas, chaeto, nassarius, cerith...
  4. G

WTB Valisneria (not corkscrew)

the spirals are pretty but i just want the straight ones - thanks anyhow coach :) as for the jungles, i think they would get too big. i have only a 10 gallon, and don't really want to have to prune constantly. im trying to get away from the maintenance part since i do it all day at work and...
  5. G

WTB Valisneria (not corkscrew)

Hi! Looking to pick up some vals, maybe about 8 plants or so. Please let me know the size of yours, how much you want for them and (preferrably) priority mail shipping to 55305. Please also let me know the PH and GH/KH of your water. Thank you!
  6. G

FS Bushy stem plants (good background cover)

Time to prune (sigh) hoping to sell some before hand, for $12+shipping I'll send out a ton of cuttings, way more than you could get if you paid per stem. :)
  7. G

Ground Cover

i think 2 wpg is too low for *most* ground covering plants because theyre so far down at the bottom of the tank they need really strong lighting to reach them. also with only 2wpg you could get away with a DIY co2 / dont need a canister. i have a 10k daylight with a blue white lunar light that...
  8. G

Why the heck is my betta so childish?

you could try dropping pellets right in front of his nose and then sprinkle the flakes elsewhere.. i know mine spit food out if it's too big, if they're full, if they swallow some air, or if they don't like it. Though how the heck they can tell if they like it once its in their stomach is...
  9. G

Koi in a 1g tank?!

Even removing the inserts (which we do at my petco) people still ask us.. I just look at it like a good stepping stone to use for selling aquariums. lol "If you get this one, you could have a lot more fish and a bigger variety to choose from!"
  10. G

Petco-Change in Policy

In the mornings its usually just the opener for the animals and a manager till the store opens, then we have 1 cashier come in. Nighttime is usually 1 closer 1 cashier and 1 mod, though sometimes(!!!) we have someone working customer service. Sometimes 2 cashiers in the afternoon. I really wish...
  11. G

How much Iodide in an invert tank?

Do you have a syringe or eyedropper, or even a small turkey baster? that would let you do the drop thing. The kent bottles I bought have like a push down cap, which opens a small hole and lets me do the drop thing straight from the bottle.
  12. G

Yeah. For weeks I begged for help on the forums and no one seemed to know how to stop the deaths. I felt so helpless, I just didn't know what was causing it. Most people will say you don't need to use it, but I will never not use it now, unless I stop keeping shrimp. If the remaining 11-14 or so...
  13. G

Petco-Change in Policy

Yours have been on sand? Ours have been on the green cage carpet since I have worked there. The carpet is a pain in the butt to clean though, so have fun with that :evil_lol: I do hate the wood chips that the snakes are on though, and the dirt the frogs/anoles/hermit crabs are in is yucko...
  14. G

I add it to mine. Kent iodide. I do like a drop a day, actually. I have been battling with shrimp mysteriously dying. Once I started using the iodide, all deaths stopped. If I forget to do it for a couple weeks *which I did last month* shrimp die again. =\ The only thing I can figure is that...
  15. G

FS 2 x Plant Packages or 1 large $30

half, but im willing to sell all of it for 40 if i can get the package out by monday. otherwise i have to re-plant it so it doesn't die, and that's a pain and i dont want to try to make room for it in my tank, etc. lol
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store