Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. H

Mr. Aqua 11.4G Riparium - Take 2

Thanks so much. I like the white clouds, too. Hey thanks. The 'Outback Sunset' is still in there. It's off to the right side. I got a quick picture tonight. I shuffled the plants around a bit more and I think I like it like this.
  2. H

50G Tanganyika Planted Riparium

I wanted to post this picture quick to show how I pruned the Asclepias. These stems were more than 24" tall and I really chopped them off on top. So long as the stem is left with a few leaf nodes it will resprout and grow again. I like to prune Ruellia and emersed Hygrophila in the same manner.
  3. H

Thanks yes I like that fish a lot, but he'll be relegated to the fish room once again when I get these julies in. I might have them early this coming week.
  4. H

Here's a quick shot of the Cryptoheros cutteri. I really like this fish; he has a lot of personality. He is coming out of this tank again when I add the new fish.
  5. H

I pruned this tank and mowed the two Ruellia and the two Asclepias back to the last couple of leaf nodes. They will resprout in no time. I hope that the Asclepias will grow back a bit more compact. Now the Cyperus will get some more light. Here's that picture from a week ago for comparison...
  6. H

This is just a quick snapshot to show the whole deal with the new plant arrangement. The green lanterns have been having babies. There are four new little fry in there.
  7. H

Another view of those Asclepias blooms...
  8. H

I switched up the planting a good deal! Here's a quick picture from last night...
  9. H

Here it is with the gold Asclepias grown up quite tall. Here's a specimen shot of the Asclepias. I like the look of this plant, but I'm going to cut it back to reduce the shade and give the shorter riparium plants a chance to grow up.
  10. H

Borneo Swamp Forest Riparium

I made a new video using this setup! Please check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mF4KFayLw
  11. H

?? Glass Polish

Nope, it's not calcium. This is a glass defect that the tank came with brand new. I have tried vineger and lots of scraping with a fresh razor blade, but these had no effect at all. I have tried these tactics on badly calcified tanks before and with sufficient effort they always work. The film...
  12. H

My Tanganyika plans for this setup might have been thwarted. I recently found out about potential availability of these two species... Etroplus canarensis Canara chromide pearlspot http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/etroplus-canarensis/ Mesonoemacheilus triangularis batik loach...
  13. H

Here are a couple more shots of that Asclepias bloom.
  14. H

The Asclepias Mexican milkweed is blooming! This plant flowers readily in the riparium if you give it light.
  15. H

Brackish Riparium

I got a quick snapshot to show the fish selection in here. You can see the Poecilia latipinna, Fundulus confluentus and Cyprinodon variegatus. The Jordanella floridae are shy and they hide whenever I go near the tank. I really like these C. variegatus.
  16. H

Borneo Swamp Forest Riparium

I have a couple of new update shots! I have rearranged the plants some more and I also added a few short manzanita branches.
  17. H

?? Glass Polish

Unfortunately it's on the inside. I will probably have to tear down the tank to properly work on the glass.
  18. H

?? Glass Polish

It is most definitely not that. I have scraped really hard with a razor with no effect at all. I think that it must be a blemish etched into the glass.
  19. H

?? Glass Polish

I have a problem. The inside surfaces of every glass panel in my 56 column tank are covered with a milky film. This is not hard water deposit because I have tried several times to clean it up with razor blades and vinegar, but with not effect at all. It seems more like something etched into the...
  20. H

Brackish Riparium

The view from above...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store