Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

One fancy goldie in 15g just for winter?

An inch and a half goldfish should be TOTALLY fine to winter in a 15 gallon tank, especially if it is alone. Keep up the good filtering and water changes and stop stressing yourself out worrying about it. I have a 15 gallon with one medium sized gourami, 5 albino tiger barbs, a tiny algae...
  2. A

Shrimp/Invert Tank Pics

I just hope I can make the moss bend to my tyrannical will. :)
  3. A

Shrimp/Invert Tank Pics

Thanks Everyone
  4. A

Shrimp/Invert Tank Pics

A remarkably spacious 5.5 gallons of shrimp watchin' fun.
  5. A

Are Clown Plecos aggressive?

my husband's clown pleco doesn't even try to hang out with his cories & if they get near it, it ignores them or swims away. No agression at all.
  6. A

Shrimp/Invert Tank Pics

Some pictures of my new Invertopia . . . :) The Java Moss hasn't at all grown in yet. Underbelly of African Filter Shrimp African Filter Shrimp Ghost Shrimp Most Fun Picture :) ~~~~~~ Amano Shrimp Rides African Filter Shrimp
  7. A

WTB LOOKING FOR FROGBIT OR FLOATING PLANTS NY Pick Up

I've got riccia $5 shipping. It spreads like wildfire in my tank, so I can give you a pretty sizeable clump of it.
  8. A

Show Me Your Nano's!

my 5 gallon that I turned into a 15 gallon a few months ago. If I get around to it, I'll post a pic of the 15.
  9. A

new pleco won't eat!

You probably just need to be patient; a lot of new fish don't eat for their first few days. Plecos also like to chew on wood. If you can get any African root wood pieces to put in the tank, or any other aquarium safe driftwood, it'd probably make him very happy. When my plecos aren't eating...
  10. A

Ghetto water cleaning XD

Stop torturing yourself. Buy a bottle of PRIME. It is the only water conditioner you'll ever need. A very little bit goes a very long way. You can just fill a bucket with water regulated to the temperature of your tank, add a few drops of PRIME and top off your tank. Happy healthy...
  11. A

Aqueon Quietflow Sucks.

I love my aquaclears. I have them set up in a 15 gallon and a 5 gallon. The water in both is crystal clear.
  12. A

too many snails...

- They aerate your substrate so it doesn't super compacted. - They eat junk that can pollute your tank water. - They clean algae out of places that other algae eaters can't get at. - They provide a constant supply of live food for your fish that are into that sort of thing. (I basically stopped...
  13. A

Please Help

MOST plecoes get pretty huge if they live long enough and most fish stores only stock the ones that get HUGE. Lucky me I have a place that stocks pitbull plecoes which stay tiny_ Go to your local book store like B&N and look at the book in this link. It will probably have your fish in it. Most...
  14. A

Can tiger lotus and crypts be grown emersed?

Tiger lotus roots can be submerged. I've never heard anything about submerging the bulbs being bad, but I find that it is just as well to leave the bulb Unplanted. Once the tiger lotus is well established with good rooting in the substrate, you can break the bulb off of the plant & typically a...
  15. A

Identify this plant :) (picture)

Yes, Definitely a type of Anubias_ very likely of the barteri or minima variety.
  16. A

Hello Everyone

hi
  17. A

My custom built 55g stand.

How terribly awesome of you! :)
  18. A

Plant ID please!

looks like run of the mill cabomba to me. Still quick growing/rapid to get out of hand. Still nifty. But messy if it starts to die...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store